You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum App Audio Sync is Way off!

2»

Answers

• amd723
    amd723 Posts: 2 Spectator

@Satch , I'm not sure why they'd consider the app a bonus when they sell it as a stand-alone way to get tv. I only have the app (plus internet), so if the app is an after thought they need to change their business model.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor

Guys,

I think the huge problem is that they pushed out a buggy November 2022 update, and now they don't know how to fix it. A rollback would help, but can the app do that?

Satch

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor
    edited January 2023

@AppProblems,

I am stumped here, I don't know what else to say. Do you have traditional Spectrum CATV service with a regular DVR? Since the Spectrum TV app has been such a nightmare for many with this issue, you might want to do the following:

1.) Subscribe to traditional Spectrum CATV service.

2.) Get a DVR box and regular box DVR service. It is better than the Spectrum app in terms of both reliability and functionality.

3.) After you get regular CATV service with DVR service set up and working, call Spectrum and say that you switched to box DVR service because the Spectrum app was not working properly since November 2022, and you have had techs out, lines checked, and were told that there is nothing they can do. Request a two month service credit. But before you do that, go to regular DVR service. Have a tech come out to do a professional install of the DVR and check your lines so that you don't have any more frustrations!

4.)With DVR service, I would recommend a regular Spectrum Cable TV package, (Spectrum Select + Entertainment View) is a great value. I would also take HBO Max if you like movies, series, and original shows.

5.) I just want you to be able to watch TV free of frustrations again!

Satch

• Tjemisonsr
    Tjemisonsr Posts: 3 Spectator

I have both the DVR CATV and the App - both have lip sync issues. That was why we started using the app as it did not have a lip sync problem until recently. So the DVR CATV is not a viable solution.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,698 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited January 2023

All -

Our app team is aware of this issue and working on a fix. 

Please look for a future update that will address this issue. 

Unfortunately, there is not a timeframe available.

Thanks for your continued patience.

• DC3236
    DC3236 Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited January 2023

WHY CANT YOU FIX YOUR TV APP?

I have had these problems for a coupe of years now. Same exact problems REGARDLESS of updates, internet speed, wireless strength. Sounds like ALOT of other people have the same problem.

I have 5 apps on devices. They constantly:

1) Pixelate/blur. Always. It goes clear, then goes blurry/pixel, in a cycle.

2)Freeze. It will just stop and freeze. Sometimes buffer, sometimes just freeze until I exit.

3)Lately they lag. If something is on the same channel for over about 30-45 minutes, the app will stutter and then the sounds will lag 5-10 seconds behind the picture. Need to change the channel and change back to get it to work.

4)Screen will just be black on some channels. No sound, no anything. About once a week this will happen and wont be able to watch that channel for a few hours.

I have Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu, HBO max, Paramount, Peacock, Disney, Amazon Prime, Youtube, and a few more free apps. NONE OF THESE HAVE THE PROBLEMS SPECTRUM APP HAS. NONE

I have tried to resolve this with Spectrum and I get the same BS as I see listed below (check the app, check the connection, check the device, restart the modem, test the speed) And then the comments when Spectrum says they don't have a normal problem with the App...Obviously it is a problem (AND SAME PROBLEMS) when looking at this thread AND JUST GOOGLE IT. Its a HORRIBLE APP. (AND WANT MY CELL PHONE SERVICE????--NOT A CHANCE!!!)

IS SPECTRUM GOING TO FIX THIS SOON? Giving about another month and then switching to the Direct TV app. Sick of trying to watch something and not being able to watch something. Better visual quality on my AM radio.

• deedeea
    deedeea Posts: 3 Spectator

Do we have a timeframe on when these audio sync issues will be fixed. It is very frustrating!

• Tjemisonsr
    Tjemisonsr Posts: 3 Spectator

Last week we got an Apple TV update and a Spectrum update and since then I am no longer having any lip sync issues.

• James_M

@Tjemisonsr

Thanks for the update, glad to hear the issue is resolved!

• James_M
    edited February 2023

@AppProblems

This issue appears to be resolved for most users. I sent a refresh signal to your modem, please test the apps again and let us know if that helped.

• James_M

@AppProblems

Thanks for the response. Since the known issue has been resolved and closed, I submitted a ticket for your issue to our video repair team for further investigation. At this time, we are now looking your issue an individual issue. I'll continue to monitor and provide updates, and you should be hearing from someone from the video repair team in the next 24 - 48 hours. We appreciate your patience.

• James_M

Your issue remains open and is still being investigated. One potential work around that may work is to change channels when the audio loses sync and then return to the original channel, in most cases the audio will re-sync.

• James_M

@AppProblems

Good Morning! The original issue if this post was audio sync. That issue has been resolved.

What you describe above sounds like wireless interference. Please try restarting the modem and router and if the issue continues, we suggest scheduling a service call to have the equipment and connections checked.