When will they turn up high split speeds in DFW?

Options
SPC1430
SPC1430 Posts: 23 Participant

Spectrum is supprting existing cable card users. In eastern DFW I went high split earlier this week. My Tivo and high split converter are working perfectly. But my speeds on the Gig plan are unchanged — 800 x 40. There is a rumor that they will wait and turn up the whole metro area at the same time. Any information? BTW, my "on or after" date was March 15th and they did it on April 8th.

Best Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,092 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited April 13 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SPC1430
    I'm showing the planned schedule for your area is for high split to be enabled 8/19/2024 but symmetrical speeds won't be available until 11/19/2024.

• SPC1430
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sounds like you are getting close or it has already happened, but you probably won't see any difference in speed until later this year. Possibly they will activate symmetrical speeds all across the metroplex at the same time.

Answers

• SPC1430
    Options

Thanks for the information. They are working all over the metroplex toward the planned 8/19/2024 date. Here in Rockwall (eastern side of DFW) my street/node is done already. Looking forward to the 11/19/2024 symmetrical speed.

• erickjred
    erickjred Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

What’s the timeframe on my area? I’ve been having almost back to back maintenance emails and that’s never happened before.

• Mike5906
    Mike5906 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

My rep told me that the 11/19/2024 date is only for new customers (of course it is). Legacy customers will not be eligible until mid 2025.