Why do email filters rules work so poorly with Spectrum?

Options
CornPop
CornPop Posts: 5 Spectator
edited May 6 in Email

Spectrum does not provide the storage space for email it says I have. As I setup filter rules and blocked domains Spectum always crashes long before I reach the limit then deletes all my rules, never to return them. Calling them is useless, they have no technical help there. I want to have a way to verify they are providing the storage space they are charging me for.

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,116 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited May 4 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @CornPop, welcome to our community!

I've not heard of any issues with filter rules causing crashes or being deleted automatically. I was able to locate your account using your community registration and I see you recently had an issue with missing emails so the rules were deleted to resolve that.

You can see your used email storage by signing in to our webmail portal, where you can also set your filters back up.

Answers

• CornPop
    Options

You have heard of one now. I have the issue on a continuing basis, not recently. I stopped trying Spectrum technical help since it was useless. The only way I can keep the email working is to keep storage down to a minimum. Why would they disappear other than a storage problem? The bottom line is I am not getting what I am paying for.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,116 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Filter rules are not counted as part of your storage, that is only for the contents of the emails themselves. Will you please elaborate on exactly what is happening when you say it crashes?

• CornPop
    Options

I would love to. Just had it happen again a few days ago. I knew I was pushing the Spectrum limit on rules, but domain blocking does not work well because they are all fake. I just added a spam filter, number eight. I have to do this since a lot a spammers do not use a from address and Spectrum does not have a filter for emails without senders. Next day I log on to check the email and I have about 100 spams. Go to the filters knowing what I would find, and once again it shows error and no rules with the good old try again statement. Log off and try the next day, more spam, no rules, had to start making them again all over. Is there some unstated limit you have someplace? There is for blocked senders and I am no where near that. Can't Spectrum have a better filter to include one for no sender? How many key words can I use in just one "condition" being each rule only allows for five?

• CornPop
    Options

At one time before this not only did the rules disappear, but I stopped receiving any emails including the ones on the "safe senders" list. That one prompted me to call and I resolved it myself by deleting from the blocked senders list. That was the only thing I could think of to do. For some reason, my emails started coming after that.

• CornPop
    Options

Any news William? I am up to rule 5 now. Spectrum email usually skids off the road around filter rule 7 or 8.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,767 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Is the email still working as expected, or has there been additional rules related issues?