You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

RC122 Remote will not operate Vizio Sound Bar model: SB2920-C6

I followed the directions  http://www.timewarnercable.com/content/twc/en/support/program-your-remote/RC122.html

with tech on the phone.

Also did the 991 scan option 4 times.

No luck.

Called Vizio tech support, they reffered back to Time Warner Cable.

Called Philips tect support, they said they have been having problems since 2012 with adding audio devices to the AUX button.

Best Answer

• gkashtan
    gkashtan Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

Here is the whole solution, step-by-step.

Program the TV key with the Vizio TV code - 1230.

1. Press and hold "SELECT/OK" and the TV key until all the device keys blink twice.
    2. Enter 1230 
    3. All device keys will blink three times to indicate that the code entry was accepted.

Copy the Vizio TV code to the AUX button.

1. Hold the CBL button and "SELECT/OK" for 5 seconds.
    2. Enter 992
    3. Press the TV button then the AUX button.

Change the TV button back to your actual TV's code. 

If you don't know it, go here - 

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/program-your-remote/RC122.html

Program the remote's volume keys to respond to the AUX device not the TV.

1. Press and hold "SELECT/OK" and CBL until all device keys blink twice.
    2. Press 993 - The CBL key blinks twice.
    3. Press the AUX key.
    4. All device keys will blink three times to indicate that the code entry was accepted.

Answers

• Does this actually work, anyone have success with this?

• AUX button does not accept the TV codes when entered.

Next?

• Although the  URSU-8780L-TWC remote is not listed as able to work with the VIZIO sound bar, it actually does.  The code is 134 for the AUX button.

• Do you happen to know which TV code will work for Vizio sound bar model SB2920-C6?

• TWC tech is coming tomorrow to swap out the cable box and remote, which will supposedly resolve two issues:

1.  The RC122 remote not working to control Vizio sound bar

and

2.  Resolve the issue with "Closed Captioning on with mute" option, which has also not been working.

• Just curious which Vizio TV code worked for your soundbar? 

I'm trying to do the same thing w/ the same TWC remote, but none of the 4 digit Vizio TV codes worked on my soundbar (SB4020M-A0). 

Thanks for any input.  It is all appreciated.

• what do you mean by "then copying the code using 992 to the AUX button" how do you actually do that. Would you mind giving me a sequence? Thanks

• @azostacher wrote:

Although the  URSU-8780L-TWC remote is not listed as able to work with the VIZIO sound bar, it actually does.  The code is 134 for the AUX button.

You.

YOU...are amazing. I've been looking for that code EVERYWHERE. Thank you dear Geebuz for posting that.

• THANK YOU G! This is the fix for programming the RC122 to a Vizio sound bar. Thank you for spelling it all out. Other 'solutions' did not explain it fully at all!!!
  • I followed these steps. However, when I out the TV itself back into the TV button, it still did the volume.

I have an Insignia TV. I just want the TV to turn on and off, but want the soundbar to do volume.
  • I followed these steps. However, when I out the TV itself back into the TV button, it still did the volume.

I have an Insignia TV. I just want the TV to turn on and off, but want the soundbar to do volume.
This discussion has been closed.