You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why can we no longer send email through Outlook?

Elks
Elks Posts: 7 Spectator

Our email has been working fine until Feb. 1st. We can still receive email in Outlook, but can no longer send. We can send only from the Outlook Web App. The email did work briefly for the 3rd week in February. I have checked and recheck all the settings. I had our IT company check out the issue. They say that it is an issue with the outgoing mail server, smtp.charter-business.net. Charter says it is not them, but I disagree. Everything points to an issue with the mail server. From the research I have done, Charter had this same issue a few years ago. I have run out of options.

Answers

• Elks

The error message is 552 5.2.0 sender rejected. AUP#0-1420.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited February 2021

HI and welcome!

I sounds like you have a business account, let us know if that is incorrent. There are a couple follow up questions to start with:

• Are you sending email from Spectrum business email, or is it your domain email?
    • Is the email being sent to a Spectrum email that is rejecting the email?

Also, from Understanding Email Error Codes here is an explanation of the Accepable Use Policy error code you recieved:

1350 - 1490

Spectrum limits emails by the number of messages sent, amount of recipients, potential for spam and invalid recipients. 

• Elks

Yes, we have a business account. We are using our own domain. I have sent test emails to other emails in our domain, to my personal aol address, and to my personal gmail address. The email immediately is rejected. I have sent these test emails to individual addresses, so the number of recipients is not an issue plus they just said test in the subject line and test in the body, so no spam issues.

• James_M

Are you able to send and recieve email using the spectrumbusiness.net webmail?

• Elks

Sorry, I'm not sure where that is. The site address for the "Outlook Web App " is https://exchange.charter-business.net/owa/#path=/mail. We can send and receive email from here. I do not see a webmail button when I sign into spectrumbusiness.net. When I go to "mail" or "web hosting" it takes me to our email setup pages in Spectrum.

• James_M

Thanks. Your link is correct, I was referencing an old link. One last question, I just want to confirm that you (or another company representative) has already called in to Business Class support and tried to resolve the issue?

• Elks

Yes, I have spoken to Spectrum Business Support twice. Both times I was told that since the Web Mail worked it was not a Spectrum issue and I should check with Microsoft since we are using Outlook. Everything I see and research and the tech people I have talked to all point to a Spectrum problem with their outgoing mail server.

• James_M

Appreciate the confirmation. I was able to locate your account information based on your registration information. I forwarded your issue to our Business contacts and asked them to contact you directly at the number listed on the account. Please allow 24 hours to be contacted for follow up. If there is a better number to reach you, please let me know and I will send you a private message where you can provide the additional informaiton privately.

Thanks for your patience and let us know if they are not able to resolve your issue.

• Elks

James, thank you very much. It has been a pleasure speaking with someone that wanted to help resolve this issue. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

• James_M

You're welcome, we are happy to assist!

• Elks

James,

Well it has been a week since the phone call from Spectrum Business customer service. I was very hopeful, but since then nothing has been fixed and I have not received the updates I asked for on numerous occasions. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I am beginning to lose my patience and am looking into different providers for our TVs, phone, cellphone, internet, and email services.

• James_M

Sorry for the frustration. I reached out to our Spectrum Business contacts, let them know the issue has not been resolved and asked them to contact you directly again.

James

This discussion has been closed.