Why do I have to sign in multiple times a day on the Spectrum TV app on my Roku TV?

Options
Pubdefny
Pubdefny Posts: 1 Newcomer

Recently, I have had trouble staying signed into the Spectrum TV app on my Roku tv. It started on one tv and now is happening on both of my Roku TVs. I was watching the Hall of Fame football game and less than halfway into the game the sign in screen popped up. The game sound was in the background but no picture. And when I didn’t sign in fast enough, the app closed. This never happened in the past and now is prompting a new signing every time I go to the app. What has changed to cause this?

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hey @Pubdefny, welcome to our community!

You definitely should not need to sign in repeatedly like that, that sounds so annoying! Have you tried rebooting the modem and router and made sure your Roku and our app are updated? Do you have any other devices you can test this on?

• andymp3
    andymp3 Posts: 13 Participant
    Options

Yes it is annoying. Happens random times, in middle of shows after watching for an hour or two. Rebooting everything didn't really help sorry...

• William_M
    Options

Will you please make sure your Rokus software is up to date and reinstall the app? If it is still happening can you test on a non-Roku device?

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @andymp3

I just wanted to give you a bit of an update. There was a known issue with the Spectrum TV app on Roku devices asking customers to sign in repeatedly and/or change their password. The issue should be fixed now though. Are you still getting those errors?

• Stonesie
    Stonesie Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I just had to sign in yet again. On two TVs here today :(

• andymp3
    andymp3 Posts: 13 Participant
    Options

Yes.. keeps happening

• William_M
    Options

@Stonesie, @andymp3

This is happening because your passwords need to be updated. Please change your password by signing in at Spectrum.net or the My Spectrum app. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.