Why was the Spectrum TV App guide on iOS mobile app changed?

Options
Shelgold2
Shelgold2 Posts: 7 Participant

I am hoping I am asking this in the right place.

suddenly I have no tv guide on iOS spectrum app. I have rebooted my devices, deleted & reinstalled the app. I did an online chat w spectrum yesterday…they made a ticket & someone is supposed to get back to me.

does anyone else have this problem? Ideas?

thanks so much.

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

In the most recent update, we did consolidate things in the app. The center icon should be for live TV and the guide would display at the bottom until you expand the stream to full screen, but the full page guide tab was removed.

Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 371 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing guide issues with the app? Have you tried on non-Apple devices? Are you experiencing the same issue? Have you also tried a reboot of your modem and router?

• k32dodger
    k32dodger Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am having the same issue. TV guide in the iOS no longer appears at the bottom of the page. It just suddenly disappeared. Did your issue get resolved?

• NB1
    NB1 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same…HELP!! Where’s the guide at in the spectrum app??

• lhlizotte
    lhlizotte Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Unhappy with the guide tab removed; unable to scroll quickly through tv offerings and times of broadcasts.

• ChiliChick
    ChiliChick Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

No longer having a Guide makes the app almost unusable. Ugh. Please bring it back.

• Gsbinford
    Gsbinford Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Agree with ChiliChick above. Please bring back the Guide!

• Shelgold2
    Options

Thanks everyone for responding. The guide is just gone. I have rebooted modem, router, & reinstalled app. I have not tried on a non iOS device. The only thing I can think of is app was updated & guide disappeared.😭

• Marcw980
    Marcw980 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

Ok so now I see the guide at the bottom after selecting live tv. But does anyone know how to record a program that has already started? I see the option to record the program if it is in the future, but nothing if it is currently airing. Why does spectrum make everything so difficult.

• jcanon
    jcanon Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Consolidating the full page guide with the Live TV tab is the single dumbest update that Spectrum has made to the app so far. It’s nearly impossible to review the guide and schedule future recordings. You are also subjected to having to listen and watch the live TV program when all I want to do is review the upcoming schedule and programming for the channels I watch. Please take the customer feedback seriously and fix this issue / revert back.

• Shelgold2
    Options

Yes!! Please revert back!!

• David88
    David88 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

The full page guide should be brought back as an option. It is annoying to have Live TV on as the same time as you are searching for a program to record in the guide. I called Spectrum technical support about this today (before I found this discussion), and they were unaware that this was done in the app.

• Shelgold2
    Options

I called support a couple wks ago & nothing happened. PLEASE BRING BACK THE GUIDE!!!

• BBrazner
    BBrazner Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

The full page guide has been removed. How did that decision get made? How did this update ever pass user acceptance testing?

BRING BACK THE GUIDE!

BRING BACK THE GUIDE!

BRING BACK THE GUIDE!

• MichaelWG
    MichaelWG Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Bring back the guide on the iPhone app, please.

Nobody has said they prefer the app this way, so why not bring it back?

Or, is Spectrum really not focusing on the best consumer experience??????

• Jkeb126
    Jkeb126 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Please bring back the FULL PAGE GUIDE. NOT with live tv! I agree with recent posts above! Makes it almost impossible to quickly scroll thru the Guide to find shows I want - plus live tv is taking up half the screen & I'm not even watching it. Poor decision by someone. Makes finding & recording shows too difficult on Spectrum app. Almost not worth having it!

please bring the full page guide back! That can’t be too difficult to do. Thank you!

• James10019
    James10019 Posts: 1 Spectator
    edited October 2023
    Options

I can’t find the channel I want. I don’t want trending or recommendations. I’m looking for the networks I watch. Where is the guide?

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @James10019

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty with the app. There should be 4 icons on the bottom of the app. The second one from the left should look like a TV with a play button. That will bring up the live TV and the guide should display on the bottom portion of the app.

• Lrm77
    Lrm77 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

Yep I totally think they don’t care. The update to the mobile app has also messed up the spectrum tv app on Samsung tv’s and they don’t care! Time to cancel spectrum tv app! I don’t mind their internet but their app just got totally worse and I’m mad everyday I have to deal with it. Ready to pay more for YouTube tv. I asked on the post about the tv app for them to try and rollback. They just want to blame it on Samsung but being in IT I know they have coding problems in their new app!! They really need to rollback the change and do some user group testing to verify their users like what they think we want.

• Shelgold2
    Options

The guide is not at the bottom. It takes up the entire screen & is difficult to navigate. PLEASE bring back the guide the way it was.

• Alco
    Alco Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hate the new guide on apple.

i only need a guide only. Cannot see what on later at a glance. Cannot go back 100 channels without scrolling. Worst ever.

please add guide to bottom.

• Susanehh
    Susanehh Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Please put it back!!!!!!! I’m very unhappy with this new app format. Need the old guide as it was.

• djriz
    djriz Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Bring the guide back! Did someone think it was a good idea and to take something away that I would bet, a lot of your users use. Having the guide on the live TV only is not the same thing. Can't see upcoming dates. BRING IT BACK!

• Tom5652
    Tom5652 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

It is very clear this change on the tv mobile app to take away the guide function could ONLY have been done by someone who doesn’t use the app the way most of us simple minded consumers use it

please bring it back ASAP - it is ruining my joy and rapidly diminishing my interest in keeping spectrum service!!!

• Matgrv
    Matgrv Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same thing - keeping the guide as a separate function was ideal.

but trying to consolidate - they in effect broke the app.

I also miss the speed select - where you could go through the channels on right side - is that also gone?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited October 2023
    Options

While we are always looking for feedback on our apps and services, I would like to add some clarification about the changes. The guide button was removed from the bottom of the app, but tapping the icon indicated by the red arrow will still bring up the full screen version of the guide. You can simply tap the speaker button to the left of it if you do not want to hear audio while browsing. To select a future date/time more easily than swiping you can tap on the day/date to the top left. You can set to filters to narrow down what to sort through or use the search button to go straight to a network or find what channel a show is on.

If anyone has additional feedback about guide functionality in the Spectrum TV app please continue providing it here! If you have different feedback or issues please create a separate post so that we can assist.

• popela
    popela Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

William_M - while you provide a work around, there is still a flaw with the guide itself. Because it is located in the live tv tab, the guide is only showing those channels that are available on live tv. It is NOT showing the full guide like it used to, even after I select ALL CHANNELS in the filter. So if I am away from home and want to record a show on a channel that is not available on live tv, I can not even see it in the guide. Thus, this is a live tv guide and not a full channel guide, which is what most of us on here are looking for.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 721 Contributor
    Options

@popela that isn't because such channels aren't live TV per se but good point nevertheless and you can hit settings from the home page and then hit Preferences and then disable Hide Unavailable Channels if you want those channels to continue to show up in the guide when you're away from home.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @popela, welcome to our community!

The hide option should be disabled by default. Thanks for pointing it out @HT_Greenfield. You can also use the search function if you know the show you want to record, or what channel it is on.

This discussion has been closed.