You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum blocking Websites? (Security Shield is off - SOLVED)

andrewnguyen
andrewnguyen Posts: 6 Spectator

Security shield is off and has been off but for some reason its still blocking these websites?? How do I fix this?

Comments

• andrewnguyen

i can get on the websites if i use hotspot though and thats on spectrum service.. make it make sense

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 764 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @andrewnguyen

Welcome to our community. Are you getting a specific error message when trying to reach the website? Also, are you noticing this only with specific websites or any of them?

• andrewnguyen

It said website was blocked due to something and to manage it download spectrum app if its a home account or another link for business account. Spectrum logo was on top left. I already have the spectrum app so I went on it to check and shield is turned off so not sure whats going on. Its been like this for a week

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 764 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I pulled up the account using your registration information for the community. It looks like the router is still showing that the Security Shield is turned on. I do see that there is an interruption in the area currently, so it's possible that it may be causing the router to not update with changes in the app or vice versa. I would recommend checking again once the interruption is cleared. If it's still happening after that, please update us here and we can reach out via PM to get the information to update that for you.

• andrewnguyen

Its still not working. I checked the app and its turned off there so I am not sure whats going on. I attached a picture and it wont even let me toggle it on. I get an error message saying 'Unable to complete request. We're sorry somthing didn't work quite right. Please try again later."

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 449 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

The app works in conjunction with your internet modem. Please sign out of the app, reboot the modem then sign back into the app. Let me know if this helps.

• andrewnguyen

damn jaleesa you the goat foreal lmao appreciate the help 🤝

This discussion has been closed.