Browsing protection security suite pop-up

Options
jWS9518
jWS9518 Posts: 24 Participant
edited December 2023 in Home Networking

How can I turn off the big pop-up notification coming from the security suite that just started showing up showing a website is trusted, every time I go to a shopping website such as Amazon or others?

Best Answer

• jWS9518
    Answer ✓
    Options

As I previously stated, I don't want the feature off, I want just the pop-ups to stop.

Nevermind, I actually found the solution, on the browsing protection, change this read and change site data to only when you click on the extension and the pop ups stop.

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 680 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @jWS9518

I'm not familiar with the pop up saying that the site is trusted, only the icon on the search results/address bar. Are you able to upload a screenshot of the pop up you're seeing?

• jWS9518
    Options

See screenshot...it pops up on every shopping type site since F-secure security suite updated to the latest version earlier today. I cannot find any way to disable the pop up as it is annoying.

• jWS9518
    Options

Without disabling browser protection I mean. I just don't want this to pop up everytime.

• Renee_T
    Options

Thank you! When you enable the Browsing Protection feature, you should be directed to download the F-Secure browser extension. When you are on the site that's giving you the pop up you should be able to click the icon for the extension and turn off the notification for that site. With the Chrome browser, if you have multiple extensions, you may have to click the puzzle piece icon to show you the list of installed extensions and you can select F-Secure from that list.

• jWS9518
    Options

The browser protection feature has been active for a long time now and I have never had this pop-up until after F-secure updated today.

This pops up on every shopping type website and I don't want to get that notification or have to do that for every site.

• jWS9518
    Options

There should be a way to turn that pop-up off for everything that is considered safe.

• jWS9518
    Options

Clicking on the pop up does nothing by the way.

• Renee_T
    Options

I apologize, the only information I was able to find showed the pop up had to be turned off through the extension itself, but did not show the extension settings to say if the option was per site or if there was an option to turn off the extensions pop ups entirely. Uninstalling the browser extension may remove the popups as well.

• jWS9518
    Options

I am not finding any way to disable that feature in the extension. I assume this is a new feature with the latest update that may have either a bug or lacking that feature.

This discussion has been closed.