Why do I need to keep resetting my password?

Options
baltusf_1640
baltusf_1640 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I can't sign in. Its asking me to reset my password. Reference code: RLI-1301

Comments

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 674 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @baltusf_1640

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the sign in issues. That error usually indicates that there were some strange login attempts with the account. Were you able to reset the password to login?

• Frustrated_1
    Frustrated_1 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

This has been happening to me for the last 4 months. I am retired and travel a lot so like to watch my sports away from home but am unable to since I cannot KEEP changing my password. I have family members at home that this affects and very inconvenient. So much for “Taking Spectrum wherever you go”

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @Frustrated_1, welcome to our community!

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. You may be able to reduce needing to change your password so often if you are using the same mobile network or Spectrum WiFi hotspots. Repeat logins from other wireless networks in different locations may be detected as suspicious activity and require a password change as a security measure.

• Frustrated_1
    Options

Since I go to CT, NE, TX, VT, NY etc there is no way for me to use same WiFi hotspots

• Frustrated_1
    Options

I also understand being suspicious but every time I change password and then go out and back in it makes me change again. A LITTLE excessive if you want my opinion. Just send a text or email asking if it is me and then accept a Y or N like credit cards do when used out of state

• Lackawanna
    Lackawanna Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Having to reset your password EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO WATCH SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN HOME - IS THIS BEING CORRECTED? As it said earlier taking Spectrum with you is not true. FIX THE PROBLEM, which I know is known by Spectrum since I spoke with someone saying that they know there is a problem, when trying to keep unauthorized people off your account you are also inconveniencing those that want to want Spectrum when not at home such as on a monitor at work. If I want to watch for example CBS it wants me to put in my Spectrum password and then tells me, I have to change it. I will not continue to change my password; I will consider leaving Spectrum and go to You Tube TV. FIX THE PROBLEM.

As "Frustrated" said, set up a code to verify we are the owners of the account, so we don't have to change our password, which I won't. Spectrum is becoming less useful to me.

This discussion has been closed.