How to fix error (ALP1301) asking to change my password when I log in on multiple devices ? - SOLVED

Options
Jhilliard
Jhilliard Posts: 5 Spectator
edited March 20 in Community Archive

I’m getting a 1301 error every couple of weeks when I try to watch the spectrum app or any other app that uses the spectrum log in info. I’ve changed my password twice now and it hasn’t stopped this problem.

Best Answers

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 704 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

Are you using the app away from home often? If you are that could cause you to need to change the password more often.

-Tyleen

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,762 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jhilliard,

The Spectrum TV app is limited to two simultaneous streams for each unique set of credentials ( for more details see SPECTRUM VIDEO SERVICES AGREEMENT). If you have more than two, you may be prompted to change the password. This is a security feature and can not be changed or overridden.

One alternative is to create additional profiles by logging into your Spectrum account, selecting "More" -> Settings ->People and adding additional profiles for any location out the home by creating unique username and password credentials for each profile. This will prevent the additional log ins from being flagged.

Let us know if this works for you or if you have any other questions.

Answers

• Jhilliard
    Options

Tyleen

yes I am. Is there anything I can do to avoid having to change the password so frequently?

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 376 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@Jhilliard

There is not as it is a security feature, my apologies for any inconvenience.

• Jhilliard
    Options

I changed the password and went to log in on a device and it still gave me the error saying “unusual activity” even though there wasn’t unusual activity. Please connect me with a supervisor to sort this out

• Mo_S
    Mo_S Posts: 55 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited January 29
    Options

@Jhilliard

The profiles for your account don't show a recent password reset. If you go to spectrum.net and select the "Forgot Username or Password" option, are you able to complete a password change there? -Mo

• Jhilliard
    Options

@Mo_S it works now. Is there ANYTHING I can do to minimize all the password changing? I have multiple devices at different locations and use the streaming to watch my programs. Defeats the purpose of streaming on the go if I have to change it all the time

• James_M
    edited January 30
    Options

@Jhilliard,

The Spectrum TV app is limited to two simultaneous streams for each unique set of credentials ( for more details see SPECTRUM VIDEO SERVICES AGREEMENT). If you have more than two, you may be prompted to change the password. This is a security feature and can not be changed or overridden.

One alternative is to create additional profiles by logging into your Spectrum account, selecting "More" -> Settings ->People and adding additional profiles to use for any location out the home by creating unique username and password credentials for each profile. This will prevent the additional log ins from being flagged.

Let us know if this works for you or if you have any other questions.

• Jhilliard
    Options

@James_M the alternative solution has worked perfectly. thank you for your help here. I truly appreciate it!

• James_M
    Options

@Jhilliard

Great to hear! Glad we were able to help. Let us know anytime you have a question about your services.

This discussion has been closed.