Why can't I connect to spectrum mobile access points?

Options
Brandyjyay
Brandyjyay Posts: 5 Spectator
edited April 4 in Spectrum Mobile

The last two days I have tried connecting to Spectrum Mobile WiFi, when I click on this WiFi, I have to enter a username and password. At that point I choose join and it doesn't do anything else, I have left my phone on this screen for at least 5 minutes to see if it'll at least give an error. I have chatted w/ an agent and was told to reset my network settings, that did not work either. I also know that the network works because my coworker is connected, she has an android and I have an iPhone, if that matters.

Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 368 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @Brandyjyay

Welcome to Community Forums! Sorry to hear that you're unable to connect to Spectrum access points, I am happy to look into this for you. Have you ever been able to connect to the access points with this device? What modem device are you using?

• Brandyjyay
    Options

I have in the past and I have an iPhone 13 pro

• Jaleesa_F
    Options

Are you using your spectrum.net login to connect to access points?

• Brandyjyay
    Options

yes

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 718 Contributor
    edited March 2
    Options

Stupid question: when does the password inexplicably disappear from the password field; before or after tapping on join?

• Jaleesa_F
    Options

@Brandyjyay

Are you able to successfully log into the other apps that require that particular login, such as My Spectrum and/or the Spectrum TV app?

• Brandyjyay
    Options
  • Jaleesa_F
    Options

@Brandyjyay

Please try a reboot of the phone, then try connecting again. Please let us know if there's an error message when you try to connect.

• richied2586
    richied2586 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

If the device you are using is not part of the spectrum network such as spectrum mobile phone whether it be an Android or an iPhone you won't be able to use the Spectrum mobile access point. You used to be able to download a Wi-Fi profile from Spectrum for any device but now only users of spectrum mobile with the Spectrum device can access it.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 718 Contributor
    edited March 3
    Options

If the signal level is good and if the password is spontaneously disappearing without any kind of feedback then i think you may have an edge-case auth-wise inter-compatibility fault between your iPhone and the specific permutation of make & model & security mode (especially if it so happens to be in WPA2/WPA3-Enterprise transition mode) of this particular access point. Assuming the fault is only auth-wise and that not all Spectrum Mobile Wi-Fi access points are the same permutation, you could always visit one or more other Spectrum Mobile WiFi sites (at least a few of them if needs be) and see if you can connect there and, if so, hopefully the saved/remembered connection will then auto-connect back at the ranch.

🔗https://www.spectrum.com/internet/wifi-access-points < interactive site locator/map

This discussion has been closed.