Long Standing North Texas Internet Problems

Options
TC_NorthTexas
TC_NorthTexas Posts: 2 Spectator
edited April 7 in Community Support

Weatherford Texas here. The service we subscribe to is 1000/40 Internet for roughly $120 per month. No TV, no voice.

I have extensive logging on my router (UDM-SE) and via Uptime Robot. I have logged over 57 downtime event since March 1st that are severe enough to trigger my BYOB LTE failover for extended periods. I've incurred over $400 in LTE data charges in that time. This problem started several months ago and we were told high split was supposed to be completed by now. This service is completely unacceptable.

Tech support (both phone and field techs) have been great. Both have basically said the same thing. There is nothing that can be done until our node upgrades are complete. The latest ETA is several more months.

This is well beyond reasonable expectations.

To add insult to injury, chat support via web UI no longer works. To further pour salt in the wound, Spectrum sales is attempting to "upsale" me to 300/10 Business Internet with Spectrum LTE Failover for… get ready for this… $300 per month with $100 install. Couple of casual calls and Business Internet 1000/40 with LTE failover from Spectrum can be had for ~$170 with no install fee.

I have started a Discord with links from Facebook to start organizing my community as this is problem with all Spectrum customers in this area. I don't know the number but I am certain it is a lot.

Comments

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @TC_NorthTexas, welcome to our community!

I'm sorry your service hasn't been consistent lately. I'd like to send you a private message to verify your account information and contact details so this can be investigated. Please look for that message on the envelope icon in the top right corner of this page.

• TC_NorthTexas
    TC_NorthTexas Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

William_M -

I have responded to your PM with the information you requested.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 371 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@TC_NorthTexas

Thank you! We will proceed via PM.