Internet Disconnects and packet loss almost daily

Options
Tapper
Tapper Posts: 3 Spectator

For several months my Spectrum internet service has had almost daily disconnects and packet loss. A tech visited in the past month and my signal is good. He replaced my modem too. But signal stregth is not the problem as most of the time the internet is fine with 350 up and 10 down speeds. It's the frequent disruptions as shown below that disrupt my work. I have seen Spectrum trucks on my block several times in the past few months and am wondering if this is a problem in my area of Los Angeles?

Tagged:

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @Tapper

Thank you for reaching out to us about our internet services not working as intended. I am sorry you are noticing the drops in services and I can understand the need for reliable services with working from home. I am not sure what troubleshooting suggestions you have already completed so please excuse my suggestions if you have already tried them. Have you attempted to bypass your router and connect one device directly to our modem yet? -Lyn

• Tapper
    Tapper Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

I have not tried that as it would be too disruptive to disconnect my household for almost a day or two and I wouldn't be able to track and monitor the disconnect as that is done by my router and when the disconnect occurs I have confirmed by loss of connectivity on my device.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 677 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

You wouldn't need to have the direct connection set up for multiple days. If there is a day or time where you can have that direct connection set up for an hour or so and you can use the connection, that will at least help to see if the connection seems more stable. I understand if that is too disruptive though. Are all of the devices wireless or do you have wired devices as well?