Wifi drops daily

Options
Mboyd
Mboyd Posts: 1 Newcomer

why do I have to reset my wifi almost daily? Like clockwork, I have to unplug and restart in order ro reset my iPad. It’s infuriating & the automated chat feature on the app is useless.

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & welcome!

WiFi can be impacted by a number of factors. What troubleshooting have you tried already? Does the issue only occur on WiFi, or does it also happen when directly connected to the modem?

• RAIST515O
    RAIST515O Posts: 92 Contributor
    Options

Do phones and/or other devices also suffer this problem?

Just want to narrow down whether this may be more a client device specific problem.

I have found in such cases where it is client side, I just needed to refresh the wifi on that particular device. Binding the device's IP address in the router's DHCP can sometimes help them reaquire a bit faster too.

I do it routinely at work with my phone. Sometimes it doesn't transfer properly to another antennae on the mesh as I move through the property. I just swipe down from the top for the quick menu (android phone) and quickly disable/enable wifi to force it to seek a new antennae.

This happens sometimes too in restaurants with their guest wifi's on my lunch breaks. Fast food places can be bad about dropping out after about 30 minutes.