Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Service is out but no outage according to app

GregoryM
GregoryM Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited August 5 in Connectivity

My internet service in San Antonio, FL has been out for hours. A service technician came out hours ago and said it wasn’t just my house. I just checked the app and it says there isn’t a service outage in my area. Now I don’t know what to believe. Was he wrong or is Spectrum not properly reporting a broader outage.

Comments

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,087 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi & welcome!

Sorry for any service issues. Looks like the technician referred this issue to our Field Maintenance team for investigation. This suggests that while you and some of your neighbors are impacted, it does not meet the criteria for an outage, because all of your neighbors or all services are not impacted. Looking at our diagnostics, it does appear that while internet is impacted, tv / digital video is not impacted. It sounds like there is something happening at either the node or head-end level that needs to be addressed.

If the issue is not resolved in the next 24 hours, please let us know and we can investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.