Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

What does it mean if the router light is red, but the all the modem lights are blue?

deedleann824
deedleann824 Posts: 130 Contributor
edited August 5 in Connectivity

This morning the router light was red, but I still had Internet and phone. Usually when the router light is red, there no lights on the modem and no Internet or phone.

Best Answers

• RAIST515O
    RAIST515O Posts: 194 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Could be some technical issues that caused a more optimal connection method to fail and it reverted to something like the older 3.0 standards.

Can log in to the Spectrum app or your account online to see if there are any service issues being reported for your area. The support number in your bill may also have a message from the automated attendant as well.

If the quality of service is too degraded for your needs, powering down for a few minutes and then bringing it back up may resolve things, unless there indeed is a problem in your area.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @jerri7423, welcome to our community!

Many things can cause an intermittent connection, but it usually comes down to an issue with the equipment (modem and router) or lines. If no outages are reported, we recommend rebooting the modem and router and then contacting us to schedule an appointment with a technician.

Answers

• deedleann824
    deedleann824 Posts: 130 Contributor

I checked with Spectrum online and there were no outages indicated.

• jerri7423
    jerri7423 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I’m having the same issues. The internet is not reliable like they advertise. My internet has been in and out for two weeks now.

This discussion has been closed.