Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Can't record Big Ten Network shows

I have the TV Select Plus package with the Sports View add-on and Cloud DVR with Xumo Stream Boxes, so I've got all the sports channels, the ESPNs, the FSs, CBSSN, ACC Net, SEC Net, Big Ten Net, the Spectrum Sportsnets, etc. I can watch them all on my two Stream Boxes, and the Spectrum app, and watch.spectrum.net. And when I select a show on any of those channels other than Big Ten Network, the standard Record Episode/Record Series button is there and I can choose the recording options I'd expect. But for any show on Big Ten Network, on either Stream Box, or the app, or my PC, those Record buttons are NOT there. I canNOT record any Big Ten Network show, no matter what method I try.

A neighbor of mine has Spectrum TV but with the set-top box DVR instead of Cloud DVR, and he can record Big Ten Network shows - for him it works no different from any other channel.

Is there some carrier contract uniqueness with Big Ten Network where Cloud DVR customers can't record anything? And did something change in that regard recently? Because it's weird that I do have a single episode of a Big Ten Network show that I recorded to my Cloud DVR last November 2023, and it's still there in my DVR list, and I can watch it. But I can't record anything new, on either of the Big Ten Network channels I get (382 or 386).

Help?

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 772 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @J_Train

I apologize for any confusion. At this time Big Ten Network has not made their channel's content available for cloud DVR, only for standard DVR. While we don't have details on why it's not available, most often with sports content, it's either part of the network's agreement with the league or with concerns from the network over unauthorized streaming/broadcasting.

Answers

• J_Train
    J_Train Posts: 3 Spectator

Well that's extremely disappointing, but thanks for the answer.

• My3
    My3 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Having the same issue and Spectrum must put pressure on Big Ten Network to resolve this issue that was NOT an issue last year!

Fix this! Spectrum we pay you for full access to this channel so it is on you to resolve with Big Ten since it is YOUR customers you are angering. Pressure them to rectify. Don’t just finger point and do nothing!

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,594 Contributor
    edited September 8

Yes,

With College Football Season in full swing, Big 10 Network needs to provide streaming options to Cloud DVR Spectrum subs who subscribe to the appropriate carriage packages. Subscribers could switch from Cloud DVR to a standard DVR, subscribe to a Spectrum TV Select plan, and get Big 10 Network. It's also on the Sports View Package. If you already have BTN in your CATV package, contact Customer Care to switch to a standard DVR box.

If you have not had an account review for a year or more, I would call customer care and ask if they could give you a deal on traditional DVR service. Unfortunately, subscribers can't have traditional DVR and cloud DVR on the same account. Let the CSR know the reason for the switch is that you follow (your favorite college football team(s) on BTN and can not record BTN through Cloud DVR and need to switch to a standard DVR box.

The ball is in BTN's court to allow recording of its content to Spectrum Cloud DVR subscribers. But I would try to get a standard DVR box to enjoy the games, rather than holding my breath for BTN to allow the recording of its channel's content through Cloud DVR service.

Satch