Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Spectrum Mobile wifi won't connect.

Ethan222
Ethan222 Posts: 5 Spectator

I switched from verizon to spectrum mobile this week with my factory unlocked S23+ and the Spectrum wifi auto-connect feature is missing and I'm asked to login when I click spectrum wifi. My family's s23 and s22 that were unlocked from verizon and brought over work fine. The s24+ from spectrum we got works fine, it's just mine.

Ive tried reinstalling the app over and over, rebooting the phone, got a new Sim card, backed up and factory reset the phone. Everything. It's not working. Attached is the feature that's missing.

Best Answer

• Edward_T
    Edward_T Posts: 24 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @Ethan222.

I can understand the frustration with getting your S23+ phone to connect to our Spectrum Wifi. You can find troubleshooting suggestions on the site below. I would recommend you look for other apps on your device that manages wifi and disable them. Once the software is disabled then reboot the phone and see if our Spectrum Wi-Fi Auto-Connect feature shows up.

https://www.spectrum.net/support/mobile/connect-to-spectrum-wifi-automatically

Answers

• Ethan222
    edited September 13

I tried all the troubleshooting steps, I even factory reset the device and started it from scratch with just the spectrum app and it still did not work. @Edward_T

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@Ethan222

Not all devices are compatible with WiFi auto connect. BYOD devices are typically more finicky because they are configured to be compatible with the original providers networks. You should still be able to manually select the Spectrum Mobile WiFi and connect using your log in credentials. Once you log in, you can choose to have your credentials remembered by the device so next time you just have to choose the WiFi network.

Let us know if you need anything else!

• Ethan222
    edited September 13

Is there a domain I need to select or certain certificate? @James_M

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,279 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

You shouldn't need to change that. Have you installed and signed into the My Spectrum app already?

• Ethan222

Yes. Randomly last night it just decided to start working, however the "auto connect" switch doesn't show in the settings still. Somehow I just went to a local business and bam it worked.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,279 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I'm glad it's working! The My Spectrum app should enable the auto-connect function, even if the option doesn't exist in your devices settings. This should allow you to reduce your mobile data usage by a significant amount!

• Ethan222
    edited September 15

It seems like sometimes it connects, but usually doesn't. I'll be right beside a spectrum mobile point and refresh my wifi search multiple times and it doesn't connect. Then maybe the next day it connects. It's very random and sporadic. @William_M