Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

My Spectrum App advises "Webview is disabled" when it's not disabled

TroyAllen
TroyAllen Posts: 7 Participant

Upon opening My Spectrum App after recent update of the App, screen displays "Webview is disabled on this device. Please enable webview in your device settings and try again."

After checking settings, webview is enabled. I uninstalled My Spectrum App and reinstalled it. No help. Has the recent My Spectrum App update introduced a defect or is it something else?

Samsung SM-A326U1/DS OS Android 13 (updates current)

Best Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,087 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited September 23 Answer ✓

Sorry for any issues with the app. What device are you using? Are you able to provide a screenshot of the error?

• TroyAllen
    edited September 23 Answer ✓

Samsung SM-A326U1/DS OS Android 13 (updates current). No screenshot but "Webview is disabled on this device. Please enable webview in your device settings and try again." is all it says. There are no other error codes or other info.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,087 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Thanks. I reached out to the app team and they are aware of this issue and working on a fix. There is currently not an ETA, but look for a future update that includes a fix. In the meantime, you can access your account by going to spectrum.net from any supported browser.

Let us know if we can assist with anything else.

• TroyAllen
    Answer ✓

Thanks for confirming the problem is with the recent update of the My Spectrum App and that a fix is being worked on.

Answers

• John_S34
    John_S34 Posts: 2 Spectator

I also have this WebView error popping up on my Android Samsung S21 Ultra after the recent update. Please see screenshot below if you need. Has anything been said on the fix by chance ETA wise? Thanks in advance

• TroyAllen
    edited October 10

WORKAROUND: Still having the same problem but accidentally found a workaround. When the WebView error screen appeared, I accidentally tapped " < " (aka "back") on my phone's navigation bar on the lower screen. The Spectrum App logged on and worked as expected.

• John_S34
    John_S34 Posts: 2 Spectator

@TroyAllen That totally worked dude. Thanks so much for the help. You just saved me big time!

This discussion has been closed.