Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

NETWORK UPGRADE TOMORROW THRU OCT 5th

cinciphotog
cinciphotog Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 3 in Connectivity

NETWORK UPGRADE TOMORROW THRU OCT 5th btwn 6AM and 4PM. What does this mean for my cell service, home internet, and home cable? I just received this text at 815pm eastern time (10/2/2024) and it sounds like we will without any svc for the next few days.

If all services will be down this will have a huge impact on handling day to business for me and my girlfriend and is unacceptable with this little notice. If possible please post pone or do the upgrade in the overnight hours.

Best Answer

• Mo_S
    Mo_S Posts: 129 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Good morning and welcome @cinciphotog,

The notification you received regarding pending maintenance is to complete network equipment upgrades in your area to support future symmetrical internet speeds and other enhancements. You should not be without service for the entire maintenance window, but may see periods of intermittent service while equipment in the field is replaced. There would be no impact to our mobile services. Work is completed during overnight hours when possible as with other recent notices you've received, but daytime work can be completed when necessary.

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 911 Contributor

I don't think it means anything for your "home internet, and home cable" but here's what i think it means for your Spectrum Mobile service and why the work needs to be done in daylight:

🔗 https://www.verizon.com/about/news/network-upgrade-notifications

Why are these service upgrades happening during the day?

What can I do if my service is temporarily interrupted?

But you may contact Spectrum Mobile directly in order to confirm that if you've a mind to:

🔗 https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor

Welcome!

As you posted this in Spectrum Mobile, I assume that only Spectrum Mobile would be affected. Spectrum Mobile has its own Department and Billing System. Cable TV, Internet, and Spectrum Voice, (landline) should not be affected.

Satch

• wickerberry
    wickerberry Posts: 74 Contributor

Cinciphotog, that sounds like high split work to implement symmetrical download/upload internet speeds. I'm surprised it's 6AM - 4PM, my home area went through this for several weeks last winter but all the work was done overnight not during the day. Also, my notices said services may be interrupted but most of the time they did not go down.

• motorola870
    motorola870 Posts: 57 Contributor

Network upgrades are happening during the daytime when access is an issue and they have to access equipment in backyards either pedestals or on overhead lines. My area was upgraded between 7am and 4pm during the day over a 3 day period in the middle of 2023.