Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Fox News Frequently Freezes

I’ve noticed Fox News has been freezing frequently for the past couple months, maybe longer. When I switch to an adjacent channel it doesn’t seem to be happening. This is on cable TV service with a Motorola box. The fact that other channels are fine makes me think it’s channel specific.

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor

Hey Mach,

Sup? Try a reboot of your box. If the problem comes back, we had this issue with Fox News a few years ago. The tech came out and updated our cable lines, and inside wiring, which were about 30 years old. It solved the issues with channel pixilation and missed DVR recordings. This is called a signal and drop line test. To do this, you call Spectrum requesting a signal and drop line test, because Fox News is freezing. The tech comes out, you tune to Fox News, and he/she does a signal reading with his/her meter.

Sometimes only one or two channels will be affected by signal problems, and it is often the cable lines coming into your house or wiring inside the home that needs updating. Bad weather, animal chews, aging wiring can cause these problems. Old wiring inside the home over the years will break down. It will often be very, very gradual. Box swaps and modem swaps won't solve signal problems or aging lines. Those have to be updated by your service call tech. As this issue is several months old, I would suspect a signal, line, or wiring problem. You need a signal and drop line test. If your signals and lines test good, the tech will replace your box.

Satch