Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

What Causes no Upload Connection?

OhioHasCorn
OhioHasCorn Posts: 8 Participant

Hi. I've been fighting with this issue for several months. I work from home and my Internet connection dropping out is a major problem. When I lose the connection it is almost always the upload that stops working first. On a video call I will continue to hear and see the other people for several minutes while they cannot hear or see me. If I do a speed test during this time it will show a normal download speed and no upload connection. Eventually I will fully disconnect. The only reliable resolution is to restart the (spectrum) cable modem. I have purchased a new router (Asus RT-AX3000) and run a new ethernet cable from the modem to the router, but neither has improved the situation. Sometimes it will go a week without an issue, and sometimes, like today, it will happen multiple times a day. I will happily collect any diagnostic information that would be useful in resolving this situation. My new router has easily accessible logs and information for system, DHCP, Routing and more. Hopefully this odd "no upload" condition has a known cause and resolution.

Best Answers

• Edward_T
    Edward_T Posts: 58 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @OhioHasCorn;

I can understand the frustration of having a poor upload when you are trying to do a video call. I analyzed your modem and I am seeing a history of poor cable signals and errors. These errors can cause the internet speeds to slow down or the connection may drop for brief periods. I would recommend you unscrew the cable line to the modem and screw it back in tightly since a loose cable connection can cause the cable signal issues I am seeing. If this fails to resolve the issue then I would recommend we get a technician out to address the issue.

• OhioHasCorn
    Answer ✓

Thanks. I will try that tonight. I've made myself a reminder to reply, either way, in a couple of days.

• OhioHasCorn
    Answer ✓

Hello. Please schedule a technician service call. I have had three outages since 8 AM this morning (9:24 AM as of this posting).

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 817 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @OhioHasCorn

I have that technician visit scheduled for you. You will receive a confirmation of the appointment as well, but it is currently scheduled for Friday 4-5pm. If that appointment doesn't work for you, it can be rescheduled using your My Spectrum app/our website. Please keep us updated on how the appointment goes!

• OhioHasCorn
    Answer ✓

Hi. So far so good. My modem was replaced, as was the connector from external coax to internal. Thanks.

• Edward_T
    Edward_T Posts: 58 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @OhioHasCorn;

It is great to hear that it is working correctly again for you. Please reach back out to us if you need any further assistance.