You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Samsung tv and Spectrum App Not working

Spectrum is not working on smart smasung tv.  Picture keeps breaking up.  Other tvs in house with using apple tv for spectrum app are working.   Tech support has been out to the house 3 times and still not fixed.

Comments

• karlbeckman
    karlbeckman Posts: 2,285 Contributor

A growing number of subscribers are reporting similar issues when they upgrade from watching cable on their previous 'dumb' TVs to internet streaming viewed on a Samsung smart TV.  Spectrum hasn't performed a side-by-side comparison evaluation or released a technical report that we know of, but it suggests that Samsung may be one cause of the incompatibility. 

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor

I can say that Samsung TVs are much more susceptible to problems on WiFi than other devices. If there are problems that are present with the connection that would  (in my experience) be the first device you may see trouble on. Do you have the same issue when you are directly connected to the modem? 

If you can post your modem logs and signal levels here we can take a look at the connection also. 

Julia 

• AJ4
    AJ4 Posts: 1
    Same here. Spectrum came to house, but problem still exists. Bought a wi-fi extender, still buffering on my Smart Samsung Tv.
This discussion has been closed.