You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Blurry poor quality on Insignia Roku Spectrum app

NCP
NCP Posts: 3
I have an Insignia Roku tv that's about 2 years old. The spectrum app on my Roku TV produces blurred video.
The spectrum app on my xbox one produces a very clear, sharp HD image.
All other streaming apps on my roku tv produce excellent video; Netflix, Hulu, disney plus, youtube tv. All perfect.
My xbox one is right below the tv and both get excellent wifi signal strength.
Why am I not able to enjoy crisp HD on my Roku spectrum app?

Comments

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Have you tried restarting the Roku and restarting the modem used for the Internet signal?  

• NCP
    Sorry for not getting back, the holidays kept me busy.
    Restarting the modem, router and Roku tv multiple times has not solved the picture quality issue. It is always blurry on my tv app, always crisp on my xbox one.
    I would just rather watch on my TV's app.
  • Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor

Is the TV on a wireless connection? If you are able to bypass any router and connect the TV directly to the modem for testing that would help with the troubleshooting. 

Buffering on the app is nearly always related to connectivity issues. 

Regards,

Julia 

• nascarpovver
    nascarpovver Posts: 1 Spectator

How is this post marked as "solved" when it isn't. I would say it's the Insignia TV that's the problem.  If it streams fine from the X-box, it's the TV.

• mwalsh5757
    mwalsh5757 Posts: 9 Participant

I would agree that the TV is the problem. Or, if my recent experince is anything to go by, the quality of the Wi-Fi signal reaching the TV.  I would try to improve that first - my own Roku enabled TV was having streaming issues with the Spectrum app (all other streaming apps were just fine) when the Roku in it showed signal strentgh as only "Fair". Things have improved dramatically since I was able to get the signal strength up to "Good", which admittedly took a lot of work AND the purchase of a more capable router.

• NCP
    My wireless signal strength is "Excellent" and my Internet Download Speed is "Good (17 Mbps)".
    Is there a way to post a pic on this msg board?
    I have a pic of my network settings->about screen.
    The picture is just never as crisp on my Roku spectrum app as on my Xbox one spectrum app.
    You can say the problem is the tv BUT since all other apps on the same tv show high quality hd crisp sharp non-blurry non-pixelated video, I think the problem is in the Spectrum app that is on my tv.
    Who is responsible for the Spectrum app's performance on my Insignia Roku-enabled tv? Is it Roku, Insignia, or Spectrum?
    Is there a way to see technical info about the stream being delivered to my tv?
    I genuinely want a fix, there's no reason that I should be watching this blurry foolishness.
  • Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor

17 out of what? What plan do you subscribe to? 

If you are subscribed to anything over 20 I would have to say that is not a good result.

Julia R

This discussion has been closed.