You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

When will Spectrum App on Samsung Smart TV's be able to access Cloud DVR?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer

My Spectrum App on my Samsung does not access the Cloud DVR feature.  I can access Cloud DVR on my laptop, iphone, and Apple TV but spectifically did not plan to purchase an additional Apple TV or Roku since Samsung is supposed to support the Spectrum App (but not fully I guess?).

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,699 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

I included a link to our Cloud DVR FAQ page.  Currently the feature is not supported on Samsung TV's, however it is coming soon.  Supported devices are listed below.

Save the link and check back often for updates.  

Cloud DVR.jpg

Answers

• larrylala
    larrylala Posts: 1 Newcomer

This knowledge should be passed along internally.  I spoke to 4 different people who were all convinced that "it should work" on Samsung SmartTV.  When I made the switch and spoke to your sales folks, they also were completely sure that it would work.  If this knowledge was shared internally then that would avoid a lot of FRUSTRATION for your customers.  It would have been nice to know that there was a limitation on Samsung SmartTV's.  

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,699 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@larrylala wrote:

This knowledge should be passed along internally.  I spoke to 4 different people who were all convinced that "it should work" on Samsung SmartTV.  When I made the switch and spoke to your sales folks, they also were completely sure that it would work.  If this knowledge was shared internally then that would avoid a lot of FRUSTRATION for your customers.  It would have been nice to know that there was a limitation on Samsung SmartTV's.  

Sorry about that, we will pass along your feedback about your experience.  The support article does indicate that Cloud DVR access on Samsung Smart TV's is planned, however there is not an estimated date available.   

Using your Samsung TV, you can use your credentials to launch the Spectrum TV App for live tv as well as on demand content.  Depending on the mobile devices you use,  you may also be able to cast from your device to the TV.  

• LAarchitect
    LAarchitect Posts: 1 Newcomer

How long has it been since Spectrum TV app was released on Roku, Apple TV, Samsung TV, etc?

A few years ago!!

How long has it been since Roku, Apple TV, etc, were able to get Spectrum cDVR access?

Like almost two years??? Soon after Spectrum started offering cDVR.

Yet no access for Samsung TVs, the most popular TV in the US with 33% marketshare!! C'mon, really??

What are you guys doing over there?? Stop wasting time, its simple coding, not brain surgery!!

• LMigs
    LMigs Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just switched from box DVR to Cloud DVR TODAY because I could not believe you could not whole home with a box DVR anymore. I did so because THREE agents verbally told me that if I have SAMSUNG TVs I would be able to record/watch/control the Cloud DVR from any of the TVs.

Low and behold after 3 hours of troubleshooting it took me coming to FAQs to find out it’s not available on Samsung. Are you kidding me Spectrum??? I am now back to same issue as before the switch as only one of my TVs are Roku. WOW!

I have had the service in my new city of residence for 1 month and give it 10 thumbs down. I held Spectrum internet for over a year in another city in FL and did not have one issue. I second the motion in this thread that internal agents need to be trained properly as to not provide false expectations to your customers. I am now forced to buy 2 Roku for my supposed “COMPATIBLE” Samsung TVs to be able to access CDVR from anywhere in my home.

When will it be available on Samsung??? A more concrete response than “coming soon” is required at this point, don’t you think??Man am I wishing there was another provider offering service in this area. SPECTRUM THIS IS NOT OKAY!!!

• Phantom
    Phantom Posts: 1 Newcomer

We have had Spectrum for 4 years. Finally decided to up grade speed and add TV. We were told the same thing - OUR SAMSUNG SMART TV WOULD access the cDVR. It does not! Again numerous employees told us it would. We would have went back to Direct TV had we known what a nightmare Spectrum Cloud was. Our Samsung SMART TV's Spectrum app freezes constantly and we are directly plugged into the router!!! Not happy with Spectrum Cloud at all.

• b_the_installer
    b_the_installer Posts: 1 Newcomer

Yes, when are you going to work on this software? This has to be the absolute worst software team, that can't even get the functions on all the platforms.

Samsung - no DVR and you access on demand in a different way

Apple tv - DVD but you can't rewind as it brings up the channel menu instead of rewinding. And when you fast forward and press play and then fast forward again, it freezes and when you press play, it ends up back in beginning of that dvr 'd show.

Get your sh!t together spectrum... i lead a group of trained monkeys to make this app work in the 3 years I've had it. The only reason I put up with it is because I'm grandfathered into a $20 plan.

But I help customers and I'm getting sick of sticking up or you when its garbage software.

Brandon

Socal installs

San diego

This discussion has been closed.