You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Unable to watch ESPN app on Firestick

aweise
aweise Posts: 15 Participant

Has anyone run into this?

I am using the ESPN app on my Amazon fire stick. It had been working for the longest time until I had to reboot the firestick. Now, anytime I launch the app and go to watch what’s currently airing on ESPN, I get an error saying “This channel is not part of your TV package” (or something similar). I absolutely have ESPN as part of my Spectrum package, but even when I log in with my Spectrum credentials, I still get that error.

Any ideas to help me resolve this would be appreciated!

Best Answers

• aweise
    Answer ✓

So, I finally got this to work based on Steph’s suggestions. For what it’s worth, a second FireTV in our house was working the whole time.

Why is a modem reset necessary to do this?

Answers

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Hi @aweise, I am sorry for the trouble with accessing ESPN. I ask that you please log out of the app, reboot the modem and router, re-log into the app and let me know if you can access ESPN.

• rocketjetz
    rocketjetz Posts: 161 Contributor

You might consider deleting the ESPN app, then re-download it and set it up from scratch.....

also go into MyFireTV in settings, about check for updates to make sure your firestick has the latest and greatest fireOS installed.

A lot of firestick apps periodically require you to sign back in or re-authorize, sometimes on a monthly basis.

I have both a ESPN acct and I also select my TV provider when I set up my ESPN app on the firestick

• aweise

Steph, I’m not sure how rebooting my modem and router will help, because ESPN works just fine using the Spectrum app with my phone and iPad.

rocketjetz, I actually did delete the app from my firestick, re-downloaded it, and logged in to my spectrum account when launching it...I got the same error.

• Steph_S

Can you please try again accessing ESPN. I have tested and now showing all ESPN has access via the Spectrum TV app.

• aweise

Steph...I checked again and I still get the same error on my firestick.

• Steph_S

Can you launch the app on another device or visit https://watch.spectrum.net/ and see ESPN is accessible?

• Steph_S

Are you connected to your home network?

• rocketjetz
    rocketjetz Posts: 161 Contributor

When I first go into the ESPN ....in the upper left hand corner it shows my Tv Provider,,,does yours show Spectrum?

If not go to top extreme right and select settings in ESPN app, account information and see if you are logged in there for your TV provider. It should say Spectrum....

what type of Spectrum account do you have? a Streaming service or their Cable Tv?

• aweise

Steph...I will try again soon. Yes, the firestick is connected to my home WiFi network.

rocketjetz - the app shows Spectrum as my provider. I have both internet and cable tv service from them. It’s maddening to me how little things like this don’t work.

This discussion has been closed.