You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Does Google TV support the Spectrum TV App?

Santinelli
Santinelli Posts: 4 Spectator

So, I checked your website, and the requirement for using the spectrum app on android is 5.0. Yet google TV (The Chromecast with Google TV specifically) is running android 10.0

So, why is the google tv (running android 10) part of the device not able to install this app? And WHEN will this be fixed?

Thanks

Steve

Best Answer

Answers

• Santinelli

So when will this issue be resolved? Google TV IS running android 10, although I get it, it is not a phone or tablet.

• BethO
    BethO Posts: 1 Newcomer

No, the Spectrum app is not available to download in "Chromecast with Google TV". Very disappointing to see that without a cable box anymore there is no way to just turn on tv and see a guide without having a phone or ipad close by to cast from. This doesn't work well for my kids and my elderly parents that want to turn on the tv and find a guide to easily select their shows. Chromecast is an open-source platform. Your developers can include the casting function in their app/website to make it compatible with the Chromecast device. It's up to Spectrum developers to fix this. Yes, I understand Spectrum TV app works to cast to the tv when a phone or tablet is used to cast/control it. But the Spectrum TV app is NOT available to download directly to the Google TV chromecast device and control with the included remote. Spectrum, you need to add this ASAP or customers like me will need to switch back to a TV provider like DISHAnywhere, hulu with live tv, etc (which is available in Chromecast with Google TV).

• Santinelli

HI Beth, yes, but as an FYI, the spectrum app DOES run on roku boxes (And I believe Apple TV boxes). It's a shame that spectrum hasn't figured that google TV is a thing as well.

It does work well on my several Roku boxes.

• Ssmith
    Ssmith Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am another one that truly wishes and hopes that the spectrum app will so be available on google tv

This discussion has been closed.