You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Will I lose my recorded shows on my Spectrum DVR when I move to the AppleTV option

Al_Truistic
Al_Truistic Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi I want to move what is recorded on my Spectrum DVR to my Spectrum APpleTV before I get rid of the cable box. Do I need to move them or are they somewhere already?

Best Answer

Answers

• kbennett65
    kbennett65 Posts: 4 Spectator

Sadly yes, you will lose all DVR recordings if/when the DVR box fails or is replaced for any reason. Believe me, I've looked for a way to save them before. Even using an external hard drive for storage doesn't help as that drive can only be formatted to work with that DVR box and needs to be reformatted if plugged in to a different box. I have a couple of movies and specials recorded that aren't available to buy on any platform and aren't likely to be aired again that I really don't want to lose so I just hope this DVR lasts for awhile longer. I know eventually they'll be lost though.

• dstoffa
    dstoffa Posts: 1,014 Contributor

You can always break out the VHS and capture them to tape in glorious Standard Def before surrendering the box....

Unfortunately, the shows are tied to the hard disk which recorded them, and then will likely need to be decoded by the DVR that made them, for DMCA reasons...

This discussion has been closed.