You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How to get Spectrum Call Guard to block async calls

kfox7
kfox7 Posts: 40 Contributor

How do I set up Spectrum Call Guard to block "async" calls?

Answers

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Nice to meet you kfox7! :) and great question. I am glad you brought it in to the community. Since no one has jumped in I would be glad to do so.

To my understanding, isn't "async" a typical robo call that waits for you to respond before fully connecting the call? Call guard should be blocking those calls. If I am off the mark, which is totally possible :), please explain a bit further what's going on.

Again, nice to meet you and I look forward to getting the answer on this with you.

Randy

• kfox7
    kfox7 Posts: 40 Contributor

Yes, every async call that has come in is a spam robo call. We do not answer the call, but it rolls over to the answering machine. Since the async process uses a different number each time, blocking a number does not help. The Caller ID states "async" and I would love to find a way for Spectrums Call Guard to automatically block those calls. IT DOES NOT BLOCK THEM CURRENTLY. Thanks for replying........

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Thank you very much for the feedback. You were probably already aware of this page but it is the basic support page for Call Guard: https://www.spectrum.net/support/voice/block-robo-callers-b?redirected=true and on it it has a link to report specific calls to us: https://reportspam.spectrum.com/charter/ ... Reporting numbers is important and really a simple process. That said, it is an an extra step so if you do decide to help with that, thank you in advance. Robocalls, Spam, Spoofers... are the worst!

Randy

• Fisherman
    Fisherman Posts: 130 Contributor
    edited March 2021

I use a program called VZ56K that will block specific phone numbers, entire prefixes (714-828-****), "V" callers, and any caller ID you want such as ASYNC. Also, if you block an entire prefix, you can specify selected numbers within that prefix to ring thru. This feature has come in handy lately with all of the spammers that are spoofing my local prefix (714-527) trying to make me think it might be a neighbor calling..

The only thing is that this program requires a PC running 24/7 and a 56K modem being connected to the computer and the phone line, but it is well worth it.

This discussion has been closed.