You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Port out a number from Spectrum to AT&T

IamSRK
IamSRK Posts: 20 Contributor

I have been working with AT&T for a long time to port a number over from Spectrum (VOIP) to AT&T wireless. It has been an ardeous journey. After getting the request escalated with AT&T it seems the request is finally in place and i have been told it can take up to 7 business days. Is there anything i must do with Spectrum to make sure the request wont be denied? My account is in good standing, current and part of a Wifi/TV bundle. Any tips? thank you

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,611 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓

Hi -

All you really need to do from the Spectrum side is leave your phone number active until the port is completed. In most cases, digital home phone numbers (landlines) can be ported to a wireless service. However, there are certain situations where porting is not possible. Since the port has been initiated, all you need to do at this point is wait for it to be completed.

Thanks!

Answers

• IamSRK
    IamSRK Posts: 20 Contributor

all taken care of. Took much longer than expected. AT&T has very people that have factual details of their products. Apparently porting of number form landline (and spectrum VOIP) over to AT&T mobile can take upto a week.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Glad to hear that this has been resolved @IamSRK.

This discussion has been closed.