You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Cloud DVR will only record Hallmark Channel movie as an "on demand" program

DWall
DWall Posts: 18 Participant

We have recently started having intermittent issues trying to record some Hallmark Channel movies on the Spectrum Cloud DVR thru Apple TV. The movies will not record as DVR recordings but instead record as "on demand" movies, so that when you try to go back and watch them, the fast forward or search options within the program do not work? Is this a known issue, purposeful modification or something else. Is anyone else having the issue?

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 673 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello!

Does this seem to only happen on the Apple TV or have you not tried either on a different device or though the website yet?

• DWall
    DWall Posts: 18 Participant

we don't have another device. Spectrum SOLD us the 3 apple tv devices. What device do you recommend if we don't use Apple? I haven't recorded from the website before. I can try to do that, but as I said, the problem seems intermittent, so I'm not sure if it works from the website that tells you much, unless it works on the web and the same program has issues from the device. We'll try that and see if there are any differences.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor
    edited January 2022

Hello @DWall,

You mentioned that this is/was an intermittent problem with Spectrum Cloud DVR and Apple TV. Is all of Hallmark Channel Cloud DVR stuff recording as On Demand content, or just some shows and movies? If it is only happening with some shows and movies can you list some specific shows and movies on Hallmark Channel that you have tried to record off Cloud DVR and they are playing back or showing up as On Demand?

By listing the names of some of the movies and shows that you are trying to Cloud DVR and they are showing as On Demand, our moderator staff can test these shows or movies to see if this is happening to them as well. Through this approach, we can learn whether or not the problem is widespread to a certain area on that streaming channel, or if it is more isolated to your area, something with Apple TV itself, or individual account. Provide some programs on Cloud DVR Hallmark Channel through Apple TV, for them to test.

Another other problems or issues with Apple TV channels or cloud DVR programs that behave in this way? Please list if applicable. Thanks!

Satch

This discussion has been closed.