You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

We lost subtitles menu option on Spectrum TV App (Apple TV)

DWall
DWall Posts: 18 Participant

What happened to the subtitles menu from the top screen swipe down on the Spectrum App on Apple TV? We have lost it on 2 of our 3 TV's. So we can't turn subtitles on. Oddly, It's still there on a 3rd TV.....??

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Deleting the app will not affect programming recorded and stored on the cloud. Cloud recordings can be accessed from any logged in device that has the app installed. You will need to reset some preferences, such as startup channel. If you prefer, you can try power cycling the Apple TV first (unplug it and then plug it back in), however deleting and reinstalling the app usually resolves most issues.

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited January 2022

Hello @DWall

I'm not aware of any changes to the subtitles menu. If you go into the settings on the app and look at the app version, are all 3 devices running the same app version?

• DWall

all 3 apps are running version 2.24 (4.29337692) build date 12/17/2021. Apple TV 4k software version 15.2

one of the TV's has a swipe down menu with options for: Info, On Now, Subtitles, Audio

The other 2 "problem" TVs have only the options for Info, On Now, Audio.

We would like to have the option to turn on and off subtitles, but don't see a way to do that since the option disappeared on 2 of our televisions. This happened in the past few days.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thanks. Can you try deleting and reinstalling the app on the Apple TV ? In addition, please restart the Apple TV and let us know if that resolves the issue.

• DWall

Uh before I delete the Spectrum App, I would like to know if it is going to delete all my data (namely recorded programs I have in my cloud DVR) The warning message says all data will be deleted, but Im not sure what that includes. I don't really want to delete the 70+ programs I have recorded. Please let me know.

• DWall

the reset of apple tv worked

This discussion has been closed.