You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How can I get a caller phone number to show on my TV?

deedleann824
deedleann824 Posts: 107 Contributor

My aunt says when someone calls her, it displays their number on the TV. She has a landline phone and a cable box. So do I. How do I set this up?

Answers

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Hello Deedleann824. Here is the support page for Caller ID on TV. It has all kinds of helpful information.

Randy

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    edited February 2022

Hello @deedleann824

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to help with this:

Spectrum Voice (Landline) Caller ID on TV requirements:

1.) .To get Caller ID on TV, you must subscribe to both Spectrum Cable TV and Spectrum Voice (landline) services.

2.) If you have a different company configuration for either, Caller ID on TV will not work. You must also have an authorized Spectrum CATV cable box. If you have a Roku, or Tivo box, caller ID on TV will not work.

3.) You will need to wait up to 24 hours for Caller ID on TV to show up on a newly installed box and/or a newly installed Spectrum Voice installation.

4.) Have all three requirements met? Check to see that Caller ID is turned on, I will provide instructions for Spectrum's two most widely used guides: (If you have a different guide or are not sure of the guide you have, Google Search, "What guide do I have?", Spectrum. In one of the first results, click on that, and than enter your street address and zip code. You will see the program guides listed for your area.) To turn on Caller ID on TV:

A. For New Spectrum Guide:

1.) Press Menu on Remote

2.) Go to Settings and Support

3.) Set Caller ID notification to "On."

B. For ODN Guide:

1.) Press Settings on Remote (Or Press Menu on Remote to bring up Quick Menu)

2.) Go to Caller ID

3.) Select Set Up

4.) Have the prompt set to On.

C. Optionally, you can log into Spectrum's "My Account" and go to "Voice Zone" Settings. Make sure that "Call Guard settings are both set to "On" to help block robocalls and note the other caller voice settings.

D. Save your changes when done.

E. Finally, I strongly recommend setting up or reactivating the Nomorobo Service to stop Robocalls and Telemarketers from leaving messages after the first ring. (The system hangs up the phone so that phone spammers can't leave messages.) The numbers will still show up on caller ID on TV if Call Guard does not catch them. But Nomorobo helps stop them by hanging up on them after the first ring. This URL will show you how to set up Nomorobo:

Satch

• deedleann824

How do I check if caller OD is turned on?

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Hi @deedleann824 ,

To turn on Caller ID on TV:

A. For New Spectrum Guide:

1.) Press Menu on Remote

2.) Go to Settings and Support

3.) Set Caller ID notification to "On."

B. For ODN Guide:

1.) Press Settings on Remote (Or Press Menu on Remote to bring up Quick Menu)

2.) Go to Caller ID

3.) Select Set Up

4.) Have the prompt set to On.

(Allowing up to 24 hour activation for new box and Spectrum Voice installs.)

Satch

• deedleann824

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.