You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Error sending emails using Outlook

Chris2756
Chris2756 Posts: 6 Participant

I cannot send emails on my computer; receive them just fine. I keep getting the same error code 0x800CCC6F, Your outgoing (SMTP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Can you please help me with this. It is has been an issue since Sat 3/12/2022.

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,698 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi and welcome!

A couple follow up questions:

• Do you get an error message as well? If so, please include the message
    • Can you replicate the issue when using Spectrum Webmail?
    • Which email client are you using?

• Chris2756

Sending reported error, (0x800CCC6f). Your outgoing (STMP) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider.

Charter/Spectrum Outlook

• James_M

Do you get the same error when using Spectrum webmail?

• Chris2756

No I do not

• James_M
    edited March 2022

Thanks. 0x800CCC6F is an Outlook error message that usually indicates either an issue in the STMP settings or a recent add-in may be interfering with sending or receiving email. We are limited in the support we can provide for Outlook, so you would want to reach out to Outlook directly for additional assistance. In the interim, using Spectrum webmail would be a suggested work around.

• Chris2756

Okay, thanks so much for the help.

• TimInVA
    TimInVA Posts: 2 Spectator

We have had the same issue for several days. We use Mozilla Thunderbird, MS Outlook, and the native mail apps on mobile phones and iPads. This is not an Outlook issue. It is an SMTP issue, where the server/s are rejecting IP addresses in certain ranges apparently. Our error message is:

"An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded:  impout004.msg.chrl.nc.charter.net cmsmtp 198.7.56.167 blocked. Please see https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes for more information. AUP#Out-1130."

We can send out through Cox, Yahoo, and Gmail accounts with no problem.

• FrustratedUser58
    FrustratedUser58 Posts: 5 Spectator

I've been trying to convince customer support for three days they had a problem. I sat with Microsoft for three hours trying everything we could, including trying to access charter.net with at least three e-mail tools. None of them worked.

I finally found someone this morning that said the "engineers just said, they realize there's a problem" and "we have no ETA for the fix" and "there's no way to know when it's fixed as we can't contact everyone who's called in. This afternoon they went back to the same old script that it's in our "3rd party mail program" and not their problem. This time it is their problem and I do think they know about it. I stopped being able to send on Saturday morning, first intermittently, then I used an old trick with Outlook to reset it that worked in the past and removed my e-mail account. Now I can't add it back in so I at least receive my e-mails.

My workaround, so I maintain my e-mail history in Outlook, and NOT on their server, is to forward all my e-mails to a non-charter e-mail like Gmail, and I am able to connect my Outlook to Gmail. That's not foolproof as they don't always forward the e-mail, especially if they think it's junk so I have to log in and forward it.

This is totally bogus that they keep repeating a message that in this case is not true. It's Charter/Spectrum that has the problem, since 3/12 in my case.

• Chris2756

Thanks for the input FrustratedU; amazingly, I am able to send emails this morning through Charter.......

• TimInVA
    TimInVA Posts: 2 Spectator

Yes, all is well this morning. All test messages in my queue were delivered overnight.

• Chris2756

I went through a remote session yesterday with my brother who is in networking. He worked for about 45 minutes and said, "this ain't a third party problem, it is Spectrum".........turns out he was right. Glad at least some of us are able to send emails again. Thanks for the comment TimInVA......

This discussion has been closed.