You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why is cloud DVR on Apple TV blurry?

Romuke
Romuke Posts: 1 Newcomer

Using apple tv and the spectrum app. Live tv plays fine. All dvr recordings are blurry/pixelated. Rebooted router and apple tv. DVR recordings play fine on my android phone.

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,076 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @Romuke, welcome to our community!

If the recordings are fine on your android phone we know the feed from the network and the recording saved on our server is good, there must be an issue specifically with the Apple TV. Will you reinstall the Spectrum TV app on that device? I also recommend checking if there are any software updates available for the Apple TV.

Answers

• Kerriw
    Kerriw Posts: 44 Contributor
    edited March 2022

I also use cloud dvr with Apple TV and the recordings on abc (General Hospital) are consistently blurry. Watching the show live is fine. This seems to be a fairly recent problem. It gets so blurry you can't see the people on the screen at all. Any ideas what is going on? I recorded a movie on Freeform and it is as clear as can be. Is something going on with ABC? Any ideas for a solution? Also, I checked the recording from yesterday on my iPhone and it seems ok.

Thank you.

P.S. I just updated my Apple TV and checked the recording from yesterday. It does not seem blurry now. I am hoping this solves the problem.

• dman71
    dman71 Posts: 28 Contributor

Put me in the boat too. Seems with Spectrum's App, there's always a problem with something. Every recording, regardless of the network, has been almost unwatchable for the past 2 weeks. Apple TV is up-to-date and Spectrum App has been deleted and reinstalled several times. No other apps on the ATV is affected, all others play fine except Spectrum.

• Dimitrie
    Dimitrie Posts: 10 Participant

I noticed the same thing on both my apple TVs. The issue seems to have started after the last app update. Also if you try to go to a channel on spectrum directly from the apple home page, the screen just hangs. This and the blurry issue on cloud dvr, was not there prior to this last App update.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,076 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@dman71 I am seeing that your speeds are dropping very low when viewing the Spectrum TV app on your Apple TV, and it looks like your modem has not been reset in a while. Please try resetting the modem and router and if the issue persists run a speed test near the Apple TV to make sure you are getting your full speed consistently.

@Dimitrie, welcome to our community! Have you attempted to reinstall the app and updated the software on your Apple TVs?

• Wfin73
    Wfin73 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I've been having this same problem for about a month. I called spectrum and they told me to call Apple, very helpful. If you google it, we're not alone, many others are having the same problem with Apple. I'm about to hook up my old Roku and see if it's any better, many things I've read say the problem doesn't exist on the Roku. I've also read some people have this same problem when they try to watch a recorded show while you are recording another one, which is when we see it most.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,698 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited March 2022

The Spectrum TV App was recently updated to version 2.32 on 3/18/22. In addition to restarting the modem and Apple TV device, please check the version and update or reinstall the app if you do not have the most recent version installed. If you are still seeing an issue, additional troubleshooting can be found here: Troubleshooting issues with the Spectrum TV App

This discussion has been closed.