You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum Needs to add NASA TV to its lineup!

Satch
Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Guys,

It would be a great channel to have! In the legacy days TWC/BHN had it, but Charter/Spectrum never had an agreement. They need to get one. It's a government channel, so it would not cost a lot for carriage. Many subscribers would find it very interesting and informative. Here is a link to NASA TV's website. It's great that it's online, but it should be on the cable boxes! I'll say this. Nobody would dislike this channel:

Satch

Answers

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor

Hi @Satch!

Thanks so much for the feedback! We will definitely document the request.

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Also, and I know this because I helped someone find the channel in their market a couple of weeks back, but that channel is available in some markets in association with some colleges. Like this one in my market:

so do a search on your guide, it may show up under the call letters of a local educational channel.

I love it but I can watch the rockets go up from my backyard... not bragging at all, no not at all :) lol

Randy

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Hey @Randy_S

Cool story! LOL! I run ODN Guide, and although it shows up in the keyboard search "NASA TV Channel" it no longer goes to anything. It is just like Netflix Channel being listed in ODN search and Netflix only being offered on Spectrum Guide World Boxes at this time. It's just a placeholder.

Yes, back when we had TWC, NASA TV was a PBS sub-station and was in the PBC sub channels series. Sounds like for those areas that have it, NASA TV is still in that position. It's great that you have it @Randy_S even though you can watch the action from your backyard!

Therefore, you know how cool it would be with Spectrum standardizing lineup systems, that NASA TV would be very successful as a national line up addition!

Satch

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Randy

This discussion has been closed.