You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Constantly getting "do you want to continue watching spectrum TV?" on my roku tv while using app.

pj321
pj321 Posts: 2 Spectator

I keep getting a message asking "Do you want to continue watching spectrum tv?" On my roku tv using the spectrum app. When I hit "keep watching" it goes away for about 5 seconds and reappears, making it impossible to watch anything. This just started happening last night, it worked fine before that. I have done Settings>System>Advanced System Settings>Network Connection Reset and clear the wifi, or wired, info. Restart device. I have reset the app, TV, the modem, and the router. I have deleted and re-download the app. I have done all of those things in various orders. Nothing has fixed the issue. This is my primary viewing device, so obviously it is problematic that I can't watch anything with my spectrum service.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• pj321
    pj321 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Heather_T, thank you for the response. I do have another device (roku box) that was not affected. I fixed my issue by wiring my TV directly to my router. That solved the issue, even after I went back to a wireless connection.

The problem is that I had to unmount my TV and move it across the house close enough to the router for an ethernet connection. If the issue starts again, I assume I will have to do that again, which is very inconvenient.

Hoping this is a one and done solution.

Answers

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor

Hello @pj321. Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine what a nuisance and completely frustrating this must be for sure. It sounds like you've gone through all the general troubleshooting steps to try and correct this already. Do you have more than 1 Roku that you're using, and if so it this happening on all or just 1 device?

This discussion has been closed.