You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How do I fix a blurry image with the Spectrum TV app on Apple TV ?

Swarlie
Swarlie Posts: 4 Spectator

I have been using Spectrum for about 6 months with an Apple TV box and while using the Spectrum app it is constantly going from sharp to blur over and over. I have tried other channel apps and do not have the same result. so I am guessing it is a Spectrum app problem. Any help would be great.

Side note - I have talked to Spectrum and there wasn't any trouble with the signal, at least on that day.

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited May 2022

Hello @Swarlie

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the app. There can be a number of things that can cause issues with the picture quality beyond even the signal levels. Is the Apple TV connected over WiFi or is it wired to the modem? Have you noticed any other issues with the connection, even on other devices when accessing websites?

• Swarlie

Since other apps are working fine through the apple box, it should not be a connection issue, and having already talked to several spectrum techs we surmised it most likely is the Spectrum app itself. Has there been any other cases of problems with the app? And FYI, we re-installed the app several times yesterday and it had no effect.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Can you test connectivity of the app on another device using the same WiFi network and report back with the results?

• Swarlie

I tried it on my laptop and the same thing. Obviously enough cases haven't come in to create a real problem for them to send out a solution to everyone.

• James_M

Thanks. To rule out an issue with the app, can you test the app itself on another device, maybe a smart phone or a tablet? The browser version at watch.spectrum.net is different from the app.

Thanks again.!

• Swarlie

I have no idea how to do that. If it is not "the app", then what else could be wrong on your end to make it continue to be blurry? Once again, i have watched other apps on my tv through the apple box with no problem.

• James_M

The app is compatible with Apple and Android smartphones and tablets. You would just locate the app in the app store for the device and download the app, then log in with your credentials. If there was a widespread issue with the app, then would be seeing multiple reports from other customers. Most issues with Apple TV are either related to the internet connection or the Apple TV itself.

If you don't have access to another device for testing, then please try restarting the Apple TV from the system settings menu. After the Apple TV restarts, then check to see if the issue continues.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.