You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Who do I call for a line down?

COU17
COU17 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Spectrum Archives: 2020 - Present

I work for a local utility company, and we are having a major problem getting in contact with someone for maintenance. When we replace a pole or lines of Spectrum fall off a pole, we don't know who to call. All numbers are for sales or troubleshooting services.

This morning I was on the phone for 45 minutes trying to get a work order for a line change out. It shouldn't take that long. If there is a weblink to report these issues, please send it to me. After spending 45 minutes and 3 service people, I am exhausted. I must say the third young man was very helpful and didn't try to pawn me off on someone else.

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,698 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited July 2022

Hi and welcome!

In most cases, Spectrum leases access to utility poles. Typically there is contact information on the pole itself referencing who "owns" the pole. The pole owner or the local municipality should have contact numbers for the local Spectrum maintenance teams who would be responsible for pole based repairs. As you are aware, when you call the "800" numbers, you will get a residential sales or repair tech who does not usually have access to contact local maintenance teams.

This discussion has been closed.