You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum TV app keeps crashing, any suggestions?

Thomasdavis237
Thomasdavis237 Posts: 8 Spectator

My spectrum app keeps crashing cant access the guide, on demand, recordings, I have turned it off, reinstalled unplugged everything reset router many times nothing helps. Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated or I will have to cancel my service since I am paying for something I can not use. Please help.

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good afternoon and Welcome to our forum!

I'm sorry to learn of your concerns with our Cloud DVR service. A few things you may want to try:

1. Uninstalling the App and Reinstalling the App
    2. Making sure the device you are using to access the Cloud DVR is up to date with all recommended updates.
    3. Resetting all of your Internet equipment. This can be done by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes.
    4. If possible try this on another device to see if you are seeing the same concerns.

If these suggestions do not help please let us know for further troubleshooting.

• Thomasdavis237

All ready did all of your suggestions nothing has helped.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

What device are you accessing the app on?

Is there an error message received prior to the app crashing?

• Thomasdavis237

I am using my xbox x and no there is no error message.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Are you able to test the app on a different device?

• Thomasdavis237

yes, it works on my phone but nothing else in my house.

• Steph_S

I am not seeing any log ins with the Spectrum TV app. I ask that you please uninstall the Spectrum TV app and then restart your XBox, please turn the XBox back on and then re-install the app and try logging in for me.

• Thomasdavis237

I can not do this I am at work and I have told you I have done this in the past two weeks to a month and it does not work, Why are you asking me to do something I have already done with no positive results.

• Steph_S

I am sorry for duplicating your steps. I have run some test on my end and am not seeing an issues. I have sent some signals to refresh the services, would it be possible for you to test the app again for me?

• Thomasdavis237

I will test it again when I get home tonight from work

• Steph_S

Thank you!

• Thomasdavis237

Ok, so I deleted the app reset my internet modem and router and then restarted my xbox, and reinstalled the app. then restarted the xbox again. So the same issue is happing I can watch TV and view the guide but when I try and access the on-demand programs and my recordings it just closes the app and goes back to my home screen of my Xbox. There is my error message that it gives.

• William_M

When you said it doesn't work on anything else in your house, were you saying you don't have any other devices to test with or other devices besides your phone or the other devices are also having problems? And when you say "There is my error message that it gives", what is the error message?

Will you please go to speedtest.net in the web browser of your Xbox, run a speed test, and share your results?

• Thomasdavis237

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say there is no error code that shows up. I can only stream the app on a computer on my other TV or laptop or cell phone those all work fine it's only on my Xbox X that it crashes once I go to my on-demand or my recordings. I have tested my internet speed and it says it is fine. The big issue is this is the TV that we watch the most my other one is in my garage. So I am basically paying for something I will not be able to use to its full capability.

• William_M
    edited August 2022

To verify; You tested the speed on the Xbox having the problem? Would you be willing to try a factory reset?

This discussion has been closed.