You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Change the Guide's default setting from All Channels to Recent Channels

djsomers
djsomers Posts: 2 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Spectrum Archives: 2020 - Present

Hi. I have several Rokus and there must have been a recent Spectrum TV app update. Now, I have to right-click to get to the Guide.

In the app Guide, is there any way the default setting can be changed to "Recent Channels" rather than "All Channels"? This same issue existed before the update but I always go to Recent Channels in the Guide and it would be very helpful if we had the option of changing the default setting to Recent Channels.

Along the same line, is there any way, when we open the app, for it to go directly to the last channel watched, rather than Channel 1 on the app? Having that option would be very convenient.

If there is no current way to change these default settings, I would like to make a suggestion for these 2 settings to be an option for us. This appears to be a Spectrum TV app issue rather than a Roku issue.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Thanks. We definitely appreciate the feedback @djsomers and we'll be sure to pass this along!

-Heather

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 670 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @djsomers

Welcome to our community! While there isn't an option for recent channels, you can set up Favorite Channels and then filter the guide by that. The start up channel can be changed by going in to the app settings menu and clicking Preferences. It will allow you to turn start up channel on or off and set which channel you would like it to tune to when the app is launched. There isn't a last channel watched option, but you can specify something other than the Spectrum News channel.

• djsomers
    djsomers Posts: 2 Spectator

Thanks, Renee. I changed the startup channel so that is good. The stations on my Recent Channels would be the same ones on My Favorites. I hate that Recent Channels can't be changed to be the default as that would be so much more convenient rather than having to change from All Channels every time I turn on the TV.

This discussion has been closed.