You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Can no longer set reminder?

jackthecat69
jackthecat69 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Got a new converter today (101-T) and can't find a way to set reminders for future programs. Has this been eliminated or there a way I haven't thought of trying? I was able to do this with an older model converter.

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi there @jackthecat69 and Welcome to our forums.

Thank you for reaching out to us. That box doesn't have that option to set reminders. I will be sure to forward that recommendation over for consideration.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor

@Lyn_T : i, too, wish Spectrum would enable the REMINDERS function in the user interface of the Spectrum Guide receivers. I urge Spectrum to consider how much this function has meant to elderly subscribers & the people who care for & try to help them! 🥺

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor

Hello,

I agree with everyone else. As a DVR subscriber, I am able to record what I am interested in watching. But I think that for people with non-DVR boxes that setting reminder times should be something brought back to all supported Spectrum receivers that don't have this option. (Spectrum Guide, ODN, I-Guide etc.) This upgrade should be brought back. Some boxes had it years ago under the legacy TWC/BHN/Charter systems.

Satch

• PrairieGirl
    PrairieGirl Posts: 1 Newcomer

I moved to FL from MN in December 2021. I had Comcast in MN for many, many years. Spectrum is sorely lacking in the most basic functions that Comcast has had for twenty years. I want to be able to set weekly reminders for TV shows where I set it once and get reminders every week for new shows(or reruns) I watch. I can't believe that's not available with Spectrum. You could also restart many, many programs and they started letting you record shows without needing a separate DVR. Spectrum, please get with it. I really wish I didn't have to switch from Comcast to Spectrum when I moved, but with cable monopolies you have no choice. You make us feel like second class citizens while charging just as much as Comcast for much less in services.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor

Hi @PrairieGirl ,

It can be frustrating and confusing when switching CATV. providers! One issue is that the companies all use different boxes and guide software. And some of these boxes can have different types of guides on them that can vary in features and functionality. This is the result of the merging of three different cable providers who had different boxes and guides (Charter, Time Warner, and Brighthouse Networks) which became Spectrum.

Since you are a new customer, I would call Spectrum Customer Service and ask if you can get a new customer deal on DVR service. You might be able to get a DVR for like $5.00 more per month. I would recommend a tech come out to do a professional install. That way, you will be able to set up series/shows with full functionality.

Remember also that literally everything that you have in your subscription package is also avaliable On Demand, ususally within two days after the first airing. But I would ask about a new DVR promotional deal. (should be good for 12 months.)

Satch

This discussion has been closed.