You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

App issues using Apple tv

Audreys_Pop_Pop
Audreys_Pop_Pop Posts: 9 Participant

For the past week or so the spectrum app has been acting weird, it lags to the point the picture freezes but you can hear what is being said. When you switch between channels many of them are slow to load and you see the buffering symbol. I have checked to make sure the Apple device is up to date, as well as the spectrum app. I have reset my router and modem but that has not fixed the issue. Any other things I can try, or is it a spectrum app issue? Thank you.

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,607 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi and welcome!

Next steps would be to restart the Apple TV as well as delete and reinstall the Spectrum TV App. After that, please try reconnecting the network connection in settings. If you have both 2.4g & 5g networks available on your WiFi, try switching to the other network. If the issue continues, please let us know and include any error messages you are seeing.

Thanks!

• Audreys_Pop_Pop

Hello,

I tried all of the steps you mentioned however neither of them worked. A few channels are freezing and are taking time to load. We have out internet through Spectrum and the speed is at about 350mbps

• James_M

Is this happening on only certain channels, if so which channels? Are you also seeng an error message?

• Audreys_Pop_Pop

No error message, and its not a few specific channels. ESPN 2 was the latest one. You can hear what is being said but the picture is frozen.

• Audreys_Pop_Pop

BTW it happens when you change channels.

• James_M

Does the same thing happen on a different device, such as a smartphone or a tablet?

• Audreys_Pop_Pop

It happens on 4 different tv's all via apple tv. Now an error message popped up say certain channels not available reference code: ALP-1035.

• Audreys_Pop_Pop

I just tried to use the app on my android device and I guess it is down. Reference code :DGU-1005

This discussion has been closed.