You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

No remote DVR

BeachBum165
BeachBum165 Posts: 7 Spectator

I added DVR service when I logged in to the Spectrum TV app on my Android to record some shows. I get error message and error code DVR Info Unavailable On This Device Error Code DRD-1000. I think I have the Spectrum Guide(Blue). I saw something that Guide won't work with the TV App. How stupid is that that Guide is much better and the Guide and App share the same name Spectrum you know moving forward. Why are there two guides anyway? I feel like people who don't have the Spectrum Guide and stuck with the old one are getting ripped off. The Spectrum Guide has Apps more options and a Narrator. So thats the better guide may I say the future guide. So why would it not work with the Spectrum TV App? I just don't get. Can someone tell me if I a right about the DVR not working in the App because I have the Spectrum Guide? Another thing is no matter what Guide you have you lose. If you have the Spectrum Guide you can't use remote DVR. But if you have the other Guide you can use remote DVR but you don't have any of the features.

Best Answers

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 660 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Remote DVR options can vary from guide type to type. The reason there are more than one type is due to the mergers of 3 former companies that used different guide types. Those types are still being used with older equipment. All new boxes will have the Spectrum Guide on it as that is the newest guide we offer.

At this time the ability to manage the recordings is limited to one type of guide at this time and most likely will expand to other types as time goes on as it has to do with the app development. You should be able to setup recordings on the Spectrum Guide box but won't be able to change or remove recordings from the app that are on the box.

-Tyleen

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello again @BeachBum165

There would be no way to guarantee what boxes the Spectrum store has in stock. Unfortunately, we do not have access to story inventory and it does vary from store to store.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Paul_B

Answers

• BeachBum165
    BeachBum165 Posts: 7 Spectator

I have two questions at one of my homes I have the the Spectrum Guide and at the other I have the older Guide. If I go to a Spectrum Store and ask for a box that supports the Spectrum Guide. Is that a possibility to get the older Guide upgraded to the Spectrum Guide? If they have the newer equipment. Also I saw you can record using the TV App even if you have the Spectrum Guide just cant manage the DVR. But what's the difference between recording a series and a show?

This discussion has been closed.