You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Call Waiting

Frankpb
Frankpb Posts: 5 Spectator

How do I remove the call waiting feature from my plan (I do NOT want call waiting at all), Spoke with chat, they say it’s impossible.

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Hello@Frankpb ,

Welcome to our Community! While you cannot remove Call Waiting from your landline phone, (Spectrum Voice) services, you can turn it off, which will have the same effect. Do the following:

1.) Log into your Spectrum Account

2.) Go to Voice Settings and Select "Manage"

3) Find Call Waiting Options in your settings. Click Edit

4.) Within those settings there are two options you can disable: (turn off.)

a. Notify me when on the phone and receive another call. (Switch this off.)

b.) Display caller ID information for waiting calls. (Optionally, you can also switch this off.)

5.) Save your changes.

I included a screenshot.

Satch

• Frankpb

mine doesn’t have that option, I’ve included screen shots of what mine looks like.

The first screenshot, is where I set my options, the 2nd is what appears when I choose call waiting.

• Satch
    edited August 2022

Hi @Frankpb,

Thank you for updating the Spectrum Voice Zone options for your area!

It looks like you need to press the headset, and enter *70 to disable Call Waiting. Does that work for you? It should. If it does not, post back, and a moderator forum staff member should be able to assist. I forgot that the Voice Zone options can vary by area. Headset lift + *70 should turn Call Waiting off for you.

However, you can not physically remove options from Voice Zone services on your account. Being able to do that would take away Voice Zone features that other customers use. This is why the enable/disable on/off functions exist.

Satch

• Frankpb

No, I’m ragards to what I need it for, it’s for an incoming call not outgoing, so *70 will not work.

• Frankpb

I use it for classes and joining the meeting requires that call waiting is inactive (I don’t call to join, they call me).

• Frankpb

And “disable” in settings isn’t available to me.

• Satch

Thanks for the updates @Frankpb,

A forum staffer will need to assist to determine the best action for you in using the Spectrum Voice Services disabling of Call Waiting on Digital Phone. You might also be contacted by them to provide account information for your area in a Direct Message, so that they can collect feedback and request those features to be added for your area.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.