You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why haven’t you upgraded your Cloud DVR service to keep up with competitor features?

jd11184
jd11184 Posts: 2 Spectator

You can’t pause live TV with Spectrum’s Cloud DVR Service? Seriously? It’s 2022 and your competitors are offering a much better product with more options. Like YouTube TV. It can’t be that hard to add this simple feature. When will you upgrade your service so that it’s actually in line with other 2022 products? You may be losing customers because of this. The fact that you released this product without this essential feature makes me question why I would want to continue with Spectrum.

Best Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @jd11184

Welcome to our community! I will definitely pass along your feedback regarding the pause live TV feature. I know that it's a common request we get, but we've not been given an ETA on when additional features will be added to our app or cloud DVR service.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Welcome to the Community @jd11184!

I know that having the ability to pause Cloud DVR is something that both Spectrum staffers and customers want! Company policies don't allow Spectrum to give out dates of when things are coming. The most likely reason for this is because if a release date was given, and that date got out online, and there was a development delay, that would upset a lot of customers. Cloud DVR is a work in progress and the engineers know that the ability to have pause functionality is something that everyone wants.

Satch

Answers

• jd11184
    jd11184 Posts: 2 Spectator

Thanks for the quick response, but disappointing to hear that this isn’t on your developers radar? Can you tell me what upgrades or advancements are coming in the near term?

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor

For the meantime, one can invoke the record function on a real-time stream at any time and be able to pause from there, right? Or not? Anybody. (Just curious.)

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Question,

Can you pause on Spectrum Cloud DVR if the whole recording has completed? If yes. than at least that is something.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.