You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why are the new dvr's so bad ?

Htendon
Htendon Posts: 2 Spectator

I have tried to record a series a number of times and it never works, Masterchef, got episode 1,2,5,7,10. What happened to the rest? I have tried to tape the nascar cup series, but even though I have chosen to tape the series 3 times, I still have to set it to record every saturday night for the sunday race. I search for a program, find it, but no box to choose to record it. Why do I need to set the dvr to record, then edit the recording to get all my options of the record? I have 2 dvr's but they can't see each other, why? can the ff and rewind buttons actually work, it would be nice to ff and have a play button stop it without hitting rewind to stop it, because half the time it won't work and it keeps fast forwarding, it is very frustrating. It seems these new dvr's were made with ancient technology, this is 2022 not 2000. My old dvr was light years ahead of this garbage. I have called a couple times to see if I could get a different dvr, but no, and I can't buy my own to hook up. Are you going to fix these dvr's or are you working on new dvr's? These are so bad and unacceptable.

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor

Assuming Spectrum Guide DVR's & Spectrum Guide remotes (black body with blue menu button), if the ⏯ remote button doesn't do anything during playback, you should be able to use the 🔼 nav key in lieu of it. It should toggle you to normal speed playback from any other playback mode including paused &, of course, between play & pause. If you haven't already done so, you might want to functionally pair one remote with one DVR & the other with the other. There's a support video somewhere in the settings & support section of the Spectrum Guide menu showing how this is done. Either way, i'd really appreciate knowing how this goes & whether the Spectrum Guide DVR's are specifically the "Spectrum 2xx" type.

• Htendon
    Htendon Posts: 2 Spectator

Thank you for responding, the up button does stop the ff/rewind, so that helps. We have the 200 type dvr. I have paired my remotes, but the 2 dvr's still can't see each other, so I can't watch what I have recorded on the family room dvr in the bedroom or vice versa. It is frustrating, because I specifically asked that when we ordered 2 dvr's, and now when I call they say no it doesn't work like that. It just seems that they can do alot better than this, to me these dvr's are sub par.

• HT_Greenfield

Thanks for the feedback! It's good to know that the Spectrum Guide Remote 🔼 nav key works in lieu of the ⏯ button across the board, even for Spectrum 2xx DVR’s, even when paired. I guess that’s by design. I actually like having all of the playback functions being nav key clustered around the 🆗 button.  

It’s disappointing that you were somehow led to believe that your STB DVR’s would work together especially since i’m not aware of any that do. I suspect that there may have been some confusion with Spectrum’s alternative Cloud DVR service. This presumably does sync across smart TV's & TV streaming devices via the Spectrum TV app. Check it out:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/cdvr-faq

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/how-record-and-view-programs-cloud-dvr

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Sup all?

I still have the Clickr Backlite remote. I an also not a fan of those World Box Remotes! I also still have a six-tuner Cisco 9865 box with the older ODN Guide on it. @HT_Greenfield (or anybody) If @Htendon has an older Clickr Backlite remote, what does he need to do to pair it with his 210 World Box?

The thing is maybe going to a Spectrum Office, and trying to get an Arris, or Cisco DVR and a Clickr Backlite remote. The box swap will still likely have Spectrum Guide on it, but at least you won't have a remote that can be confusing.

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    edited September 2022

Hey @Satch ! The "Spectrum Guide Remote" (URC1160) & the "1060BC2/1060BC3" are the only two choices in the interactive pairing user interface on the "Spectrum 110" receiver so i'd expect that to be the case for all of the "Spectrum 1xx" & "Spectrum 2xx" Spectrum Guide receivers. The Spectrum Guide Remote has full backlighting, by the way. All of the characters & symbols on all of the buttons & keys, including the red "REC," are translucent.

• HT_Greenfield

Correction: The remote pairing routine on the Spectrum 110 receiver is specifically for RF Pairing and the Spectrum Remote (also known as Spectrum Guide Remote or URC1160) is the only one supported. My bad. I’d expect the same for the Spectrum 210 DVR receiver. The Spectrum Remote might be the only type of remote from Spectrum that does RF but it also works via IR when it isn’t RF-paired.

This discussion has been closed.