You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Error IDID-3210

Smart_Guy
Smart_Guy Posts: 2 Spectator

I'm getting error IDID-3210 when trying to sign in to spectrum account using google chrome. It's only with chrome because I'm able to sign in using the app and using Safari and Edge.

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,698 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi and welcome!

There are currently no known issues with the website, so this likely points to an issue with your browser. This error is a general authentication error. Have you tried clearing the browsing history or using an incognito window? If you have the password saved, double check to make sure the password is correct.

• PoorInRichfield
    PoorInRichfield Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited August 2022

After months of not being able to login to the Spectrum.net website and getting the dreaded IDID-3210 error message, I finally resolved the issue. For me, the issue is that the Spectrum.net website uses multiple 3rd party service providers that are blocked on my home network because the domains are blacklisted as being tracking websites by my DNS provider, NextDNS.io. In addition, I run AdBlock on my browser which also blocked several domains that the Spectrum.net website uses. Quite frankly, Spectrum needs to fix their website to not fail when it can't connect to tracking websites, but I digress.

To fix the IDID-3210 issue when logging into the Spectrum.net web site on my PC or via the mobile app when connected to my home network, I've done the following:

1. Disabled AdBlock browser extension for Spectrum.net
    2. Whitelisted the following domains on my NextDNS account:
      1. *.spectrum.net - Some of Spectrum's URLs are on NextDNS's "tracking" lists and get blocked by default.

• Smart_Guy
    Smart_Guy Posts: 2 Spectator

Thank you for your response. That's probably my issue also.

• klueck
    klueck Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited September 2022

Thank you, PoorInRichfield. That white listing of domain spectrum.net in AdBlock Plus corrected the IDID-3210 issue for us as well.

I agree, Spectrum / Charter best not do unscrupulous things within their web content that ABP needs to object to!

Additionally I needed to use Firefox, not Brave, to be able to login and post a reply. Using the Brave Browser, I only got a short login box with no controls visible.

• klueck
    klueck Posts: 2 Spectator

Ah, I was just able to sign-in to Spectrum / Charter from the Brave Browser as well. I forgot with Brave it comes with built-in blocking, then I added my usual ABP extension. I had to whitelist in both to be able to login with the Brave Browser.

This discussion has been closed.