You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

iOS 16 no Audio using iPhone to HDMI adapter

Rosujin
Rosujin Posts: 2 Spectator

I was watching spectrum tv just fine with my iPhone SE (3rd Gen) and the lightning to HDMI adapter. Then, I updated to iOS 16 and it immediately stopped playing audio over HDMI. I checked to see my phone was on mute or if the audio was turned down, but everything was fine. When I unplug the adapter audio plays over the phone speakers just fine. I can also play HDMI audio just fine using the YouTube app and other streaming apps. I hooked up my other phone (an iPhone X) and noticed that the phone needed to update the device firmware for the HDMI adapter since that phone had also been updated to iOS 16 today. It now also has the same problem. Could it be the new device firmware and/or the iOS 16 upgrade? Please fix this asap!

Comments

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,076 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @Rosujin, welcome to our community!

Do you have any issues with audio when using headphones or anything other than the phones speakers?

Could you please try reinstalling the Spectrum TV app?

• Rosujin
    Rosujin Posts: 2 Spectator

Hi @William_M . My Apple AirPods work fine with the app when not connected to the HDMI adapter. Then, when I connect the HDMI adapter, audio cuts off from the headphones but does not transfer to the TV. I’ve tried reinstalling the app. I also just bought a new iPhone 14 Pro and it has the same problem with the SpectrumTV app. Other apps like YouTube work fine.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 691 Contributor
    edited September 2022

Many of Apple’s users have recently reported the same & worse Lightning-to-HDMI problems with other streaming apps as well, including Amazon Prime Video, DirecTV Stream, Peacock, Paramount+, HBO Max et c., since updating to iOS 16, over on Apple’s support community. Whenever Apple fixes it, i wouldn’t expect the fix to necessarily apply to any 3rd-party manufactured Lightning-to-HDMI adapters that aren’t clearly advertised as being Apple MFi certified.

• tommcmurtry
    tommcmurtry Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have the same problem with my iPhone 13 Pro Max, no sound with Spectrum TV app. The sound does work when I use my iPad to connect to the HDMI adapter. Streaming is also very poor when trying to use the HDMI adapter on the iPhone. Other apps, Netflix, facebook, etc... work fine with the adapter.

This discussion has been closed.